Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Tash, Sep 10, 2005.

1. Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    Snifferdoo the Magnificent
    September 16th 2004 - September 10th 2005.
  2. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    :( Poor kitty. Sorry for your loss.

Did she have FIV? Feline Leukemia?

3. Sorry for your loss... I've got a tabby about the same coloring.
  4. Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland

Sniff had chronic renal disease because of a birth defect. He was diagnosed earlier this summer and had been doing well on fluids and special food. While terminal his prognosis was anywhere from 2 months to 2 years.

Last night he started coughing and having trouble breathing, he was coughing up lots of mucus and it was opbvious his lungs were filling with fluid (a common sign of late stage kidney failure). We took him in this morning and put him down. He died in seconds, curled up in my arms in his favorite blanket.

I was with him from the first seconds of his life to the last, all 359 short days. In all my life I have never seen a cat like him, and never will. I've had 28 pets in 26 years, and lost 11 of them, but never had one this hard. He was simply the sweetest, most gentle, most perfect kitten I've ever met.

359 days was nowhere near long enough, but I am glad for every one. :(
  5. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
  6. Jonki

Jonki I will not slap my Bee!

Oct 14, 2003
    Arendal, Norway
    man, i love cats

rip :bawl:
  7. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Sorry for your loss Tash. :(

I understand your loss all to well. I had my cat Duke for just under two years. He was my best buddy. He started having a fever one day that just wouldn't go away. Well, long story short, he had Feline Leukemia. :( I had him put to sleep to keep him from suffering.

Oh what a great little cat he was. I still miss my little buddy. :crying:
  8. sorry about mr. sniff. :(
  9. SO Very sorry; I wish they could stay with us much longer. Perhaps if there is some kitty who needs a home after Hurricane Katrina, you could consider adopting (when you are ready) in honor of your little friend.
  10. Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    Thanks so much for your comments. I'm not considering another cat right now because I still have 3: Sniffy's mother and two littermates. They are enough of a handful right now in my apartment, I don't think another cat would fit in, but who knows.
  11. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Ahhh....poor guy. I am sorry to hear this sad news.

12. I feel your pain. Sam died last year, healthy as a horse up until moments before he died. Screamed, twice, fell over, 5 breaths and was gone. They think it was blood clot, hit the lungs, heart, or brain. Causing pulmonary embolism, heart attack, or stroke.

He would folow me around the house, sleep next to my bed, suck my thumb in the morning. ANything I'd eat, he'd want to try. In addition to normal hamburger, chicken, fish, he'd eat Thai food (I like it hot too!), popcorn, loved Strawberry Quick. I trained him to stand up and beg, was instant, very obedient.

When I'd come home, he'd come racing from wherever he was to greet me, had to pick him up and pet him, purring like a jackhammer. He'd talk all the time, that's why I named him after Sam Kineson... :D

Best, coolest cat I ever had. He will be missed.

13. Spikeh

Spikeh Sex Strings

I'm honestly welling up :( RIP sniff, RIP :(
  14. what a looker... so sorry to hear Tash. hope you're OK :(

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I am sorry to hear of your loss.