Ripoff Alert!!!! Does this one look familiar?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Thrillkiller, Sep 16, 2002.

1. Thrillkiller

Apr 25, 2001
  2. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    oh dear lord...that's a warwick buzzard, eh? mmm....okay...maybe he, uhh...took a picture of the wrong bass...or something. you should send the guy a picture of a buzzard.
  3. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    C'mon guys- "only so many was made". It's clearly a collector's item.
  4. Little known fact #3051: Who bassist John Entwistle is often credited with inventing the first P-bass clone.

Or not.
  5. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc

that explains it then...i liked the production run of buzzards a lot better, know...the really weird shaped one you see everyone playing?
  6. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    I may be responsible. Some ya-hoo came to the store asking if I knew anything about it. At the time, I did not, so I told him to look it up on-line. I know for a fact that there are two of those in this town, and both are obvious fakes.

Man, idiots like this make me look bad. At least I did research (here on TB) to find out the facts.

I am sorry for any trouble I have caused.

7. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    At least I don't recgonize (sp?) the room it's in!:cool:
  8. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    The answer to your statement is: Not a d*mn thing. (Crocidile hunter voice on) This is no ordinary redneck we're dealing with, crikey, we're lucky he spelled "Buzzard" right, ya know." (voice off)
  9. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Hey that looks just like an 'Alembic Elan' that I saw in a pawnshop in The Colony.

10. Thrillkiller

Apr 25, 2001
    [ok ill give this email to the guy who had me put this on for him he got it
    from someone i seen the bass it does have the warrick name and serial number
    on it didnt know could be label forged i couldnt get the warrick page to
    come up. ill have him check it out farther]
  11. punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
  12. Look at the headstock. Doesn't it say Ibanez?
  13. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc

isn't ibanez spanish for warwick? i'm not too keen on my spanish, so i could be mistaken. and usually when you see 'made in korea' it really means buzzard. so, it could very well be one of the elusive limited runs of john's old bass. you never know...
  14. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    That's a common mistake; the Alembic Elan is actually a copy of the highly collectible Warwick Buzzard. And as you can tell from the picture, Leo Fender "borrowed" heavily from this design.
  15. LeeP

Aug 22, 2002
    Frankfort, KY
    yeah, but does the bowflex come with it?
  16. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

I think that is known as the " U.N. Kofi Annan Model" otherwise known as -

17. LA

Oct 17, 2001
  18. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Geez...this one'll never die! It keeps comin' back every so often.:rolleyes: