1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ripped off here on TB ..Not a happy camper!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Irishbass, Feb 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. :scowl: I bought and paid for a cab using Paypal on the classifieds here on TB over a month ago back in January. Since I paid for the cab I emailed the seller and pm'd him several times trying to get tracking information and any update on where the cab is, all of these messages have been ignored. If the guy has a legitimate reason for that fair enough, I'd like to hear it...however according to his TB activity he is visiting the site on an almost daily basis so it would appear to me that there isnt too much wrong with him.
    I tried emailing a moderator on the classifieds forum to get some advice but to my disappointment got no response from him either. So where does that leave me apart from $850 of hard earned money down the toilet? .....

2. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Name and shame, man.

3. well, in the worse case, paypal action should be able to get you your money back, right? Although I have never had a dispute involving more than 80 bucks....

4. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Did you not get this guys phone number?

5. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    I just went through this with another TB'er. This forum is not for you to complain. The mods will close it. Leave Negative feedback and file a paypal claim, quickly.

If he has documented proof he shipped the item, you are out of luck.

The moral I learned was NEVER use a paypal balance to pay for anything. Always use a credit card linked to Paypal, you have better protection.ypal only has buyer protection for Ebay sales mostly, the ONLY protection paypal offers for non Ebay is he has no proof he ever shipped it. Then you get a refund.

6. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    fenderhutz is correct. Thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.