Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rira basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by utopia_imminent, Jul 18, 2004.

1. utopia_imminent

utopia_imminent

Jun 19, 2004
    Does anyone here have a Rira bass?

Was recommended by a sessionist. It does sound good. Their 2-band eq is very good for jazz. Finishing is super nice, something like warmoth or warwick. Very natural. Playability is nice. Tone is very 3-dimensional, not flat unlike some branded basses i have played. I really like it very much. Not sure if i should spend my money on it or on a Yamaha BB604?

2. utopia_imminent

utopia_imminent

Jun 19, 2004
    The Rira is a custom made specially for the shop. It feels comfortable to me. Should i go for it?

3. Kavorka

Kavorka

Mar 28, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    never heard of them but if it plays well, has the sound you want, and is at a price you like, then go for it! You may also want to consider resale value if you decide to sell it later on...

4. utopia_imminent

utopia_imminent

Jun 19, 2004
    i dun intend of selling it. i want something to have for a very long time. i mean a custom of about US$500 is very good. might change the pickups later on.

5. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Could this be an Aria, maybe?

6. Kavorka

Kavorka

Mar 28, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    No, I think there really is a "Rira" bass. Harmony-central has two reviews for Rira guitars and I found some site for a Korean musical instrument manufacturer that supplies instruments to other companies - I think Rira is their house brand.

'Course, could still be an Aria ;)

7. raycer

raycer

Mar 22, 2004
    Orange County, NY
  8. utopia_imminent

utopia_imminent

Jun 19, 2004
    the shop told me that these basses are specially custom made for the shop. That is why i could not find the bass on their official website. The tone of the bass is very nice. Smooth jazz, deep jazz style.

9. Kavorka

Kavorka

Mar 28, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    They may be custom made for the shop, but appear to be standard (cheap) basses. Don't pay a high price for this, but get one if the price is good.