Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rising Low-Mike Gordon Film

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Bass7755, Oct 19, 2002.

1. Bass7755

Bass7755 Supporting Member

Oct 27, 2000
    Roanoke, Va.
    I just picked up Rising Low. Mike Gordon of Phish has released a DVD about Gov't Mule's recording of The Deep End. What I have seen so far is pretty cool. Interviews and the studio performances by Chris Squire,Rocco,Jack Bruce,Flea,Les Claypool and a lot more. Wow!!! Also some (snibits (sp?) of cool live jams with Allen Woody. What a cool BASS DVD!!
    Dan

2. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

That sounds very interesting. I've never actually bought a bass DVD. This might be the first time.

3. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    im editing my post

4. Bass7755

Oct 27, 2000
    Roanoke, Va.
    I got to watch a little more before the wife took
    over to watch cable TV. Man...if you play bass you
    have got you see this!! There is a great section with Rocco. Chris squie kicks butt! Larry Graham and John Entwistle, Mike Watt!! What else needs to be said. Go get this DVD.
    Dan

5. Boplicity

I goofed. I meant to have a thumbs up. I'll go change it. Who deserves the thumbs down is me for not editing my work.:(

6. Boplicity

Say, where does one buy this DVD? Is it at Amazon.com or is it sold through some independent distributor?

7. Bass7755

Oct 27, 2000
    Roanoke, Va.
    I got it at Wherehouse Music. I would think you could get it at Amazon. Here is a few I missed..
    Alphonso Jonhnson, Phil Lesh, Stefan Lessard, Tony Levin and Jack Casady (a lot of Mike Gordon). I only flipped through about an hour before my wife took over the TV. It has to be a couple of hours long. So I missed quite a bit.
    I will check it out more tomorrow. Damn no football tomorrow.

Edit:
    Amazon prices..
    DVD = 16.99
    VHS = 14.99
    I paid $23.00 Damn!!! (/|\face should be here)

Dan

8. I just picked mine up at bestbuy today . I have yet to even open the package . But Im excited to see it from the response its been getting in here

9. QTraXQ

QTraXQ Guest

Aug 16, 2002
    San Antonio, TX
    May be cheaper on Amazon, but check out the Price after Including Shipping.. Thats where it gets you at. Thats the only reason I still purchase Books, CDs, Videos, and DVDs from Borders, Barnes and Noble, or CD Wherehouse..