Rising LOw

Discussion in 'Ask Mike Watt [Archived]' started by loveandbass, Feb 8, 2005.

1. Hi Mike,
    Can you give some thoughts about your experience on Rising LOw and The DEep End? I know this is a very general question but maybe you could just share some of your favorite moments, encounters you had.

Eric Eskildsen
  2. watt

watt TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

I really dug recording w/warren and matt, they are very happening peeps and a real joy. we did several run-throughs to get a version together cuz it wasn't exactly just ccr's "effigy" but had "ramble tamble" and "rude awakening" (I think those are the ones!) in it too. we recorded in this old vaudeville theatre in new york city. they were very open to my ideas and gave me much respect. they were total gentlemen and played their asses off - very inspiring. as for the movie, my spiel was filmed after we got done recording, just outside the theatre. mike (the phish guy) ran that and he was good about asking me interesting things so much credit should go to him. all these cats were very generous w/me and I was grateful to them all for having me aboard.

on bass, watt
  3. Hey Mike,
    I really enjoyed your performance on Rising Low!!!! Great tone and feel. I may have missed it..but, did you record direct? Your Gibson sounds KILLER!
  4. watt

thanks much. they had me both direct and w/a mic on the amp.

on bass, watt
  5. AlembicPlayer

AlembicPlayer Im not wearing shorts

Aug 15, 2004
    Pacific Northwet, USA
    I really enjoyed the "wrestling" segment of that interview.
    seemed like a little back peddling was going on eh? ;)

seriously..nice work man!
  6. watt

it was a funny place to be put in, just trying to be clear w/him.

on bass, watt