Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ritter Anyone?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Quizzo515, Jul 1, 2003.

1. Shri

Shri

Feb 25, 2003
    France, Paris
    Actually i was gonna take a bongo or a stingray. I sold my spector today and i tried a ritter. HOLY ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i tottaly felt in love!!!!!!!!! the best luthier i have ever seen in my life!!!!!!!!!!! the guys from the shop are friends of mine and they told me that a ritter is far better than a fodera. they have tested many basses from many different brands and they are in love with the ritter basses too. these basses have the best finition, electronics,etc.... i can't believe that. i'm gonna buy one for sure. i tried a 5 strings and the string spacing is much better than what i had on the spector. now i can slap on a 5 easily. I'm sure it' better than an alembic also because the finish, the woods and the electronics are much better and the price is less. try one!!!

2. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    l-l-ll-l-lets do the time warp again!!!! <hand gestures>

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Link doesnt work for me, is it stil on ebay?

4. I doubt it's still on Ebay, look at when he made this thread.

5. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    O..nice.. i love how people dig up old threads....not.

6. Prahainspring

Prahainspring

Oct 22, 2002
    New Jersey
    (sorry to keep bumping this thread but...) I love these Basses. They have one of the most interesting, yet amazing, shape. Maybe one day ill get one.

BTW:Check out the ritter page and under the bass "The Roya" look at the very last bass.....totally orgasmic.

7. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    What IS the ritter page?

8. Prahainspring

Prahainspring

Oct 22, 2002
    New Jersey
  9. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
  10. Gsxtasy99

Gsxtasy99

Jul 10, 2003
    Boston, MA
    They're mighty pretty, I'd really like to hear one. Sound clips anyone?

11. kmacleish

kmacleish

Nov 19, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    I'm actually kind of glad that this thread got resurrected, since it saves me from asking whether anyone here has direct experience (like, owns one?) with Ritter.

Oh, darn - I went ahead and asked it. Oops . . ..

I have always admired the basses on their Web site, but like most boutique makers they price in an area where I can tread but rarely, and where other interesting makers compete as well (like another favorite of mine, Spalt basses: http://www.spaltbasses.com/www.spaltbasses.com/bassmodels.html ).

So . . .any feedback?

12. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    to me , they look and sound great but the ergonomics need work; I find them uncomfortable to play sitting down. just me...

13. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    [​IMG]

This one caused me much gas pain.

[​IMG]

Uhhhh... where'd I put the danged Mylanta

I'm trying to get Brian Barrett to ship me one to try for a bit... he's got a couple nice ones in house :meh: he's not going for it though.

14. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i was very close to purchasing that gold seal 7 string at the namm show 2 years ago, but the pickup cover had a crack in it. jens took it back to germany to fix it and then my financial situation took a slight downturn.

the last i heard from jens, that gold seal is on a museum tour of europe and the u.s. with an exhibit of modern german design. that bass is wonderful, one of the very very few non-conklin instruments that i would really really like to own.

15. That's interesting. the one Ritter I've played is the Raptor, and I found it to be just about the most comfortable bass ever sitting down. It just seems designed to fit to your body.

16. Shri

Shri

Feb 25, 2003
    France, Paris
    yeah, these basses are really the best i have tried since i play bass. I'm gonna take one for sure.

17. Some of those necks I thought were overkill on the neck bolts. I mean, 7, 8, 9 bolts is getting up there. Until I saw the bolting job on the Raptor neck:

18. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    14 neck bolts. Looks cool though.