Ritter bass guitars at NAMM this week

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mackerel, Jan 14, 2003.

1. Hi

I thought some of you would like to know, that Ritter bass guitars will have a booth at the NAMM this week.

You can visit Jens at Hall E, Booth Number 1239.

He will be there with wonderful basses like this one

so, if you see him, say hello from Stefan
  2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i can't wait - i'll be in the booth right across from him. :D
  3. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    Yea, I'm stoked as well. I've bought 3 of the 5 string fretted Ritter's that will be in the Booth at NAMM!
  4. John,
    What booth are you visiting? I'll be at the Surine basses booth, which was next to Ritter last year. Come by and say 'hi'.
  5. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Is that the bass that's on the cover of Bass Professor magazine?

First major GAS attack of the year... :D
  6. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Uh, oh!! Going for the gold again? ;)
  7. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    yep :D not that i have any more money for it this year than i did last year. :rolleyes:

i'll be at the conklin/accugroove booth, and unless i'm mistaken that's right next door. i could be wrong, though, but i'm just going on what was up last year.
  8. jcadmus

Apr 2, 2000
    I'm sure they're wonderful instruments, but some of them are kind of goofy looking.

Have you seen the picture of the one in the ad in Bassplayer?

What's that thing on the lower cutaway -- a melon baller?

9. Skavenger

May 26, 2002
    Some day I will own one of those... I love 'em!
  10. niomosy

Nov 9, 2002
    I've had the chance to play a Ritter bass (a Seal model) and they're nice. I'm certainly eyeing a Classic 6-string. Unfortunately I won't have the funds for purchasing a 6-string until next year :(
  11. if anyone is thinking of buying a Ritter, buy it directly from him!

thats's cheaper than buying in stores!
  12. niomosy

Nov 9, 2002
    It might be cheaper buying it directly from him if you're in Germany but wouldn't you have to pay import tarrifs on it once it got into the U.S?
  13. ever thought of buying a bass from him and getting it at the NAMM!?

I suggest you contact him and ask what is the cheapest way for you to get one!

the one who asks knows the most!
  14. niomosy

Nov 9, 2002
    That's probably the best chance. Of course, you're limited to whatever he brings with him. It's not a bad way to go, though.
  15. no, i mean you order exactly what you want from him and he just brings it with him to the NAMM show.

you'll get a custom Ritter just the way you want it!
  16. I couldn't spend enough time at the ritter booth, that one on the front cover of BP is just awesome, real nice guys there to let a couple kids mess up their basses! :)

Check out pics 4-8
  17. niomosy

Nov 9, 2002
    That is a possibility but would he do it?

I suppose it couldn't hurt to ask. Of course, I'm sure I'd be going batty if I knew my bass had to sit around in Germany for weeks or months after it was finished because I had to wait for the NAMM show ;)
  18. marijn van gils

marijn van gils

Jan 23, 2002
    Hey Spankbass! Nice pics! Thanks for posting them!

I noticed you also played a thumb. My main bass is a neck through thumb 4 (wenge neck), but I am very much interested in a Ritter classic. How do they compare in sound and feel? I like the thumb a lot, but maybe the Ritter brings something extra?