Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ritter Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by etaym, Jul 28, 2005.

1. etaym

etaym

Mar 28, 2005
    Newton, MA
    Hi,

I'm currently im Germany (work sux but the beer is nice). Has anyone here ever played a Ritter bass?! i'm thinking of making a drive to his shop to check out the basses... (and if I buy one I can kiss my plans for upgrading my car goodbye ;) )

etay

2. :bassist: etay

if you like the looks and 've got the money, go for it, definetively. I played only one for like 30 minutes, fine piece of equipment. They are supposed to be one of the few top notch german brands and make every magazin tester go wild with superlatives here in germany. Still, the looks is something to think about, unique

Jens

3. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    I imagine you have a BMW or Mercedes Benz :D

4. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    If you are in Germany, I would definitely stop by and check out his shop... if you do a search, there is a shop visit of Jens Ritter's Shop somewhere here on TB.

I personally have tried a couple out and I'm about to check out 3 more that are at a shop here in ATL. JT's 7 string is the first one that I got to play, sweet bass.

This last weekend at NAMM, I had the pleasure of meeting Jens for the first time in person. Very cool cat, amazing talent for building dream basses. Ritter basses are at the tops of my list.

...let us know how the trip goes.

5. you bastard! I live on the other side of the planet! If only I could drive down and try one out!

Anyone see the Ritter in the last Bass Guitar magazine... oooooh baby!

6. B.C.

B.C. Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Indiana
    Man, I met him too at NAMM. Amazing guy. Got a picture with him too! :hyper:

7. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    Did he have any new crazy stuff at NAMM? I didn't see any pics from him... or anyone else really (save that 1 thread)