Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ritter Basses

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by VS, Jan 20, 2004.

1. VS

VS

Jun 6, 2002
    Mountain City, Tennessee
    Discounted Gear: Peavey
    Anyone have any sound files of a Ritter? They are beautiful basses,but I've yet to hear one. -Luke

2. Prahainspring

Prahainspring

Oct 22, 2002
    New Jersey
    Bump! Because Ritter's rock! :bassist:

3. The only Ritter I've actually played was a Raptor. It was a fretless, 36 in. scale bass with a fingerboard that went up to the 42nd fret position, (or something ridiculous). It also had a lightwave pickup. It looked insane, but the sound I thought was surprisingly unimpressive, especially considering the $5,000 price tag. On the good side, though, it was strangely light, considering its size, and was one of the most comfortable basses to play sitting down that I've ever tried.

this was a pretty unusual example, so I'm not going to judge all Ritters on the basis of that crazy Raptor bass.

Sorry, don't have any recordings. Just thought I'd share my brief Ritter experience.

4. I believe Helmutt HAttler plays Ritters, so any KRAAN (later stuff), or TAb TWO or HATTLER recordings should give you a good idea.
    I believe Helmut's web site has sample recordings

5. VS

VS

Jun 6, 2002
    Mountain City, Tennessee
    Discounted Gear: Peavey
    I appreciate your guy's input. :D -Luke