Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ritter Classic 5 (graphite) and Fender Precision Elite

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by funkycarnivore, Jan 26, 2002.

1. Ritter Basses were a big hit at NAMM this year, and I have one in the flesh! Unfortunately, I am in love with my 535, so I'll sell this. It's the classic 5 (the fruit-looking one) with a quilted mahogany body, graphite neck (34" scale). Rough Crystal pickups, 3 band EQ with active/passive operation. Perhaps the most interesting feature of this bass is its velvet fretboard. I'm not sure why it has this, but I've heard some speculation that it helps to counteract some of the brightness that you get from graphite. Whatever--in any case, it sounds very good, and plays excellently. Ritter seems to be an up and coming hit here in the States. I actually like the sound of this bass a little better than my MTD (has a nicer mid presence), but I prefer the feel of the MTD over any other bass I've played. I paid $1700 for this bass, and would like to get the same out of it (it's worth it!). See end of this post for trades info.

I've also got an 83 Fender P-Bass Elite I in black. Single Precision pickup and Fender preamp. Contrary to the original seller's claim, not everything on this bass is stock, but it is a great player. The stock bridge with the fine tuners was changed in favour of a more traditional Fender-style bridge. It looks to be a little heftier than the stock Fender bridges. It also has a Hipshot D-Tuner, which I am not sure was available from the factory during this period. Still, the tuner button matches the others. No photos yet, but I'll take as many photos as you want. $450 for this one.

You can find photos of the Ritter at:
    http://members6.clubphoto.com/jerome513480/660694/owner-97bd.phtml

Trades are welcome, but I do need to get some cash out of the Ritter (unless you have a 535 or something!). I'm not looking for anything in particular, but will consider all trade offers. Thanks!
    fc

2. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    Hey FC- according to the mighty Bill B., the pickup's not active. He says the Elite pups are very similar to the "regular" P-bass pickups, except for the funny covers and potting. Wish I could buy it, but I recently got a really cool Am. Std. P off the 'pit, so I'm out of GAS money.

I once had a P Elite II, and one of the pups went bad, so I substituted a DiMarzio. Worked fine.

3. Thanks Flatwound--noted, and corrected. It does have a preamp though. There's a 9 volt battery, and the tone control has a center detent; although I wish I knew its function.

4. Didn't you buy the Ritter not too long ago? Just wondering if I recall correctly.

5. Yeah, I got it earlier this month. I haven't brought it out on a gig yet--I like my MTD too much.

6. G

G

Apr 12, 2000
    MI
    Check your PM/email.