Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ritter Gig Bags

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mike Dimin, Mar 28, 2002.

1. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    Clinician: EA, Zon, Boomerang, TI. Author "The Art of Solo Bass"
    OK, I screwed up (maybe). I should have asked your opinion first. But, no, I went ahead and ordered a Ritter Gig bag sight unseen.

Has anyone seen/used one and do you have any comments to its quality and workmanship?

Mike

2. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i really can't attest to their durability, but they look really cool...sorry, that's all i have to offer

3. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    Yeah, same here. They looked really cool. They are not yet distributed in the US. I called them in the UK, credit card in hand.

Mike

4. We sell Ritter bags in our shop. Have had no returns or complaints about them.

5. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    Marty,
    That is hardly a ringing endorsement ;)

I guess my question is "would you feel comfortable putting a $4,000 Us bass in one ?"

BTW I ordered a Star Pak in Metallic Red

Mike

6. Sorry Mike, yeah, they're as good as any bags I've seen, except maybe the Pedulla. I'd be OK with it for local gigs.

7. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    Thanks for the info, Marty.

I wonder if Pedulla (like so many others) use the UnderCover bag

Mike

8. christoph h.

christoph h.

Mar 26, 2001
    Germany
    i have not tested one myself, but the builder of my next bass saif they're very nice. and his instruments are worth up to $4000.