Ritter Gig Bags

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by rickbass, Aug 12, 2002.

1. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

If anyone uses or has checked out Ritter bass gig bags, I'd appreciate your feedback on what you think/thought of them.

I'm not looking for "world's heaviest duty gig bag."

The Ritters aren't priced so low to make me suspect they are junk and they don't look dookie like some gig bags.

Thanks for any input!

2. rickbass,

I have the same gigbag on the photo (Style3), let me tell you something: you can't go wrong with it. Pretty well constructed, very comfortable, great design and the best of all, rock solid and road-ready.

Maybe Ritter bags are far more expensive than the "classic" & "generic" black gigbag... but that gigbags are the middle point between a gigbag and a hardcase... stunning design.

I will post pics of my gigbag for your, OK? (notice, 1 year OLD)

3. rickbass

Most cool, Evil! - just the kind of input I was hoping for.

I know there's better bags out there.....and a lot worse. But, I don't need a $200 bag to throw in the car just to run to a rehearsal across town or to a gig 50 miles away....(it's not like I'm hauling Foderas around!).

I just think they look snazzy and well thought-out. Those models with the gussets look pretty sturdy.

4. thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    They're pretty solid and I was going to get one, but then I found a Precision Instruments bag for about half the price, that was just as good IMHO.
  5. You're welcome!

Real pics of the bag are on the way... wait until friday at the afternoon and you will have them posted here, OK?

You don't need a more expensive gigbag, the Ritter will do the job just fine, believe me, rock solid and road-ready... there's nothing more to say.

6. DaBassman

Mar 25, 2002
    Oneonta, NY
    great, get one
    very light, but they're big....
  7. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    One of the shops I went to last week had a bunch of Ritter bags. They seemed well built and sturdy and look cool (if you're into that kind of look). I also noticed that there are tons of pockets on them.
  8. rickbass

Thanks, DaBass! I was wondering about that, too. The custom bass I have coming is huge.
  9. I have problems with my g....mn digital camera... please excuse me, when i have the pics i will PM you.

10. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    I just bought Ritter Classic(RCG-400) for my Kingston, and it's a very tight fit lenghtwise. The pockets are large enough and it also seems quite well made for $25 bag.

I have no idea how big the other versions are, though, so check out how they'll fit first.
  11. rickbass

Thanks, Tsal. I was considering that top-of-the-line job with the gussets.