Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ritter Jupiter - More info?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TheMightyQuinn, Dec 26, 2005.

1. TheMightyQuinn

TheMightyQuinn

Dec 26, 2005
    Minnesota
    I've been floating around the Ritter website lately, dreaming about what could (hopefully) be someday. All of Jens designs have some attractive feature to them, but the Jupiter has been the focus of my attention for a while. The first time I saw it I thought it was pretty ridiculous, but it has grown on me. I think it looks really elegant now.

But my question isn't about the aesthetics of the bass, its about the "soundfin" and "quatro bucker" pickup. I really want to know more about these two features, but I cant find any info specific to them anywhere on the website.

Do any of you fine TB'ers know anything on the subject? Any help would be appreciated so I could get to know this interesting design better!

http://www.ritter-basses.com/ritter-basses-baesse/ritter-basses-jupiter.htm

2. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    Designer: Beav's Graphics
    The quato bucker is just 4 single coil or 2 humbucker pickups under one cover.

3. I have tried a Jupiter on, and boy it was one of the most comfortable basses i have had on. It was light, and extremely well balanced. I didn't get to fully test it, as Jen's didn't have it set up at the time.

4. TheMightyQuinn

TheMightyQuinn

Dec 26, 2005
    Minnesota
    Does the soundfin do anything to the bass tonally? Does it increase sustain? Sorry...I'm just so curious!