Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ritter Okon 6 on ebay

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by J.Wolf, May 9, 2005.

1. J.Wolf

J.Wolf Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    Very cool bass!!!
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4713&item=7321338552&rd=1

Although........ Does it seem to anyone else that there are two different basses here? The bass in the full body picture is a different bass than the one in the other pictures I think. The neck heel is different, but I just figured maybe there was a veneered cover for it missing or something. Then I noticed the lack of stripes on the headstock. Just wondering if anyone else saw this?

Does this strike anyone as just a little deceptive? I'm not really sure, it's not like I would be remotely disappointed in either bass!!!!

2. Sane

Sane

Dec 4, 2004
    Melbourne Fl
    If im not mistaken... then the full body is just a stock picture from the website... The rest are shots of the bass...

3. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    The one photo is taken directly off of the Ritter website, maybe he couldn't get a good full-body shot so he took one off the site.

I like the way Ritter's look, but from clips I've heard of them, I'm not a big fan of their tone.

4. Hman

Hman

Jan 8, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    Anyone knows the seller here??? Maybe Jens will check in here and share some info :help:

5. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    nice ritter... little steep for me.

6. gwreid

gwreid

Apr 8, 2005
    Utah
    I hope the neck doesn't fall off, it's only got ten bolts holding it on. I would have preferred at least twelve. :D

7. Sutton

Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI

LOL, seeing how most basses have less than 5, you should be ok

8. Who's brave enough to throw down 4k+ on ebay from a seller with no feedback? anyone? anyone?

9. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    good point... I was staring at the bass too much to look at the details.

10. pointbass

pointbass Semi-Retired Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    That's what always kills me with these things. If you really want to sell a cool boutique bass, why isn't it at the Low End or Blueberry Hill or somebody like that? At least the bassist that is actually looking for one of those will be way more comfortable dealing with guys like Brian or Jay :cool:

11. Cerb

Cerb

Sep 27, 2004
    Indiana
    Wow. Now that I've seen them out of studio lighting I like them much better. That is, not to say I didn't love them before.

12. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    I love Ritters and plan to get another one to go with my current one (see avatar). For that price though, I'd rather order a custom one, even with the wait.

Marshall

13. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Because he's in France.

14. pointbass

pointbass Semi-Retired Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    :D Then go to the France equivilent of Blueberry or Low End, if one exists ... same theory applies .... :D

15. +1 and being in France doesnt help either

16. Hman

Hman

Jan 8, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
  17. 6 string demon

6 string demon

Mar 23, 2003
    looks to me as if the picture of the bass taken from the ritter site is not the same as the pictures of the bass taken by the seller. take a look at the headstock for example. on the ritter picture is have black accent lines, and the other does not. the input jack is in slightly different spot. and also the accent on the top horn is slightly different. the bass pictured in the ritter ownrs thing is the same as the bass. but the bass for sale is different.

18. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    yep. the ebay ad shows a "stock" photo of that bass, but then the other ones are of a different one.

mp

19. J.Wolf

J.Wolf Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    I suppose thats cool, but I would think that for an instrument of this caliber, and certainly for the price, I would make sure to only use pictures of the instrument in question. Or at least let it be known in the auction's description that the first pic is from Ritter basses, and although almost identical, is not the same bass. Maybe I'm being a stickler here, but for 5 large, I dunno........

That being said, I want it! Not my favorite Ritter design, but after playing several at NAMM this year, I am very impressed. They really are sooooo nice.