1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Ritter Roya 5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by tombowlus, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Well, I hate to do this, but I think I am going to sell this bass. This is a mack daddy instrument, for sure, and you probably know all about Ritters, and this is a fine example. The body is mahogany, and the neck is ebony. This was a NAMM 2005 bass. It is in excellent condition with the exception of a hairline gap in the ebony pickup cover (where the ebony shrank a bit) and for a couple of fret ends which have come up slightly (also due to shrinkage). I have talked to Jens about this, and he says not to worry about either issue. The pickup covers are glued on, and this gap (which is not visible unless you look for it) does not make any sonic difference whatsoever. The frets are not buzzing, so Jens said that he would just leave them alone (and does not expect them to move). But in the spirit of full disclosure, I wanted to point these issues out. Other than that, the bass is in great shape. It comes with the Ritter soft side case, which is also in great shape except for an indentation from the upper horn of the bass.

Here are some photos:

standard9.

standard8.

standard7.

standard6.

standard5.

I just have way too many basses (okay, I admit it!), and I am more fond of my natural wood finishes (though this is a very attractive bass, and the pictures do not do it justice).

I'd like $3,300, plus shipping.

Thanks for looking.

Tom.

2. Bassconbeatz

Bassconbeatz Way down low

Feb 5, 2004
    Porter Ranch, CA
    PM sent

3. mlwarriner

mlwarriner

Nov 8, 2003
    KC, MO, USA
    why oh why must i be so gorgeous, instead of rich???

:(

beautiful instrument. :)

4. ibz

ibz

Apr 14, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    Neat finish.

I think it's an interesting change from some of the more boring, and overdone solid color finishs paintjobs out there.

5. Steve Clark

Steve Clark

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    I played one of these once.

Never again.

Best bass I ever played.

Sound, feel, everything about it was right for me. Sadly my wallet couldn't fit the bass. Those triple bucker things are wonderful.

Great price on an amazing instrument.

6. C-5KO

C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada

Ahh. I just thought the body was smaller than normal. It's sort of an illusion seeing those huge pickups.

7. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    I saw this bass up close, and Tom's right. I probably wouldn't have noticed anything imperfect if he hadn't pointed it out to me. Stunning bass!!!!! Also, I can personally assure any out there not familiar with Tom (is that even possible? :D), he's as stand up as they come. Buy with absolute confidence!!!

8. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Trades would be considered, but no promises. I am actually trying to whittle down the collection a bit (but not really succeeding!). :help:

9. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Sold!

10. Amazing bass.

Congrats on the sale Tom, whose the lucky winner ;)?

11. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    I'll let him surface when he feels the time is right. :D

12. cosmicevan

cosmicevan bleep bloop Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    damn...

Thread Status: