Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ritter Strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Classical_Thump, Jul 3, 2005.

1. Classical_Thump

Classical_Thump

Jan 26, 2005
    I've heard some good reviews about them, anyway just wondering if anyone has used 'em and also where I could get some online.

Thanks

2. elros

elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Norway
    Proprietor, Helland Musikk Teknologi
    You're thinking of the Ritter SwordSteel strings, yes?

I just put a set on my bass and, so far, I like them. Haven't gigged with them yet, though. I may come back with more details later, when I've given them some gig hours.

Where to get them? Probably only directly from the Ritter Accessory Shop. That's where I got mine.

3. Classical_Thump

Classical_Thump

Jan 26, 2005
    Bass Emporium has em but I am wondering if they are worth the hefty $55 price tag

4. AuG

AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO
  5. Classical_Thump

Classical_Thump

Jan 26, 2005
    Thanks for that link, I forgot to search.

Anyway, after reading that thread, is it commonplace for Jens to give sets of strings away for free, or is this reserved for people who he's dealt with before? (I ask this because in the link Oog posted, it seemed like quite a few people had received the Ritter strings for free).

Thanks

6. caruso

caruso

Jun 13, 2005
    Bremen, Germany
    I'm member of bassic.ch, a forum dedicated to bass exclusively, and Jens Ritte is member too. If you become member, you get a discount of 10 to 15 pcent per set yet you have to pay taxes and
    postage.
    The outer winding of the Swodstells is tighter, narrower thus prevebnting dirt to settle between the windings.

Only gripe: the diameter may not be of your liking.

7. Classical_Thump

Classical_Thump

Jan 26, 2005
    Oh thanks a lot for the advice. I was mainly interested in Ritter strings because I heard that they are tight and crisp sounding with good tone. Didn't hear much about the whole outer coating thing.