Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ritter

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by boofis, Jul 8, 2004.

1. Hey
    Post pics of Ritters! I think they are now my favourite Basses of all time. I've loved them for a while but I've seen a few that have given me bad as GAS! Unfortunately I don't know how to post pics without them being to pic loL!
    Thanks
    Troy

2. hippiesandwich

hippiesandwich

Aug 29, 2003
    San Jose
    Affiliated with Looperlative Audio Products
  3. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    :eek: You own that one? :eek: You are one very lucky bas(s)tard!! That is the bass I've been drooling over at the Ritter gallery... That finish looks awesome even from this far - but I bet it looks even better from closer! ;)
    Its just :cool:

4. Ditto, you suck.

I want a Chrome Seal 4 stringer...

5. oversoul

oversoul fretless by fate

Feb 16, 2004
    Portugal
    Overwhelming luthier, but sick prices! :bawl:

6. phatlizard

phatlizard

Sep 21, 2002
    Germany
    My thread about my visit at Jens Ritters place this spring.

7. hippiesandwich

hippiesandwich

Aug 29, 2003
    San Jose
  8. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    Hey Hippie -

I've always been curious, do those fat humbuckers sound anything like a Wal?

9. Man I love them! Jupiter is my favourite by far! And then Seal. Yeah those prices are a slap in the face lol.
    Thanks
    Troy

10. hippiesandwich

hippiesandwich

Aug 29, 2003
    San Jose
    Hmmm sound like a Wal?

Funny you should mention that, because while I was getting aquainted with my Ritter I was thinking that the tone definitely had some of that mega-phat Wal vibe with the pickups in "dual-bucker" mode.

11. Obsius29A

Obsius29A

Dec 20, 1999
    Huntington, NY
    Jesus, when did these things become so expensive? I thought the prices for the Roya or Classic 4's was more in the 3-4k range- something I could see as being justified. But 7-8k? Yikes, man.

12. hippiesandwich

hippiesandwich

Aug 29, 2003
    San Jose
    Take a look at the value of the US Dollar vs. the Euro over the past 2 years. ;)

13. Obsius29A

Obsius29A

Dec 20, 1999
    Huntington, NY
    yeah =(

Too bad! The one with the slimbuckers and the ebony fretboard/sword inlay is, in my opinion, one of the most stunning modern basses I've seen! If it were in the 3-4 range, I could consider it, but those prices are just insane when you consider that someone could buy two great boutique basses for that kind of scratch.

14. Schwinn

Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    I was drooling over the classic model yesterday after finally reading the interview on the front page....I was going to ask about prices but if Obsius' post is in the ballpark, I'm out of my league...at least for a few years.

Ritter has the most inventive, artistic basses I've seen....I'm a little too conservative for most models tho....

15. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
  16. oversoul

oversoul fretless by fate

Feb 16, 2004
    Portugal
    thats the bass I mentioned earlier :D But I'm my semi-noobish knowledge of talkbass, I still don't know how to post pics that way :bag:

17. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Hey Brian, that's a stunning looking bass. How do they do that? Is that anything like George Furlanetto's "Cerruse" process?

18. :eek: :eek: :eek:

It looks like a tropical fish! I love it!

19. I think it's a 24 ply laminate body, where each alternating ply is dyed blue, then it's all glued together and carved out.

pssht--$8,000 for a plywood bass?! I could get a Squire for about $125 that's 100% plywood.

I'd buy it, then build a cabinet with it.

ps. It's not 'they', it's Him, Jens Ritter, and as far as I know, he's got no help. IMO, Furlanetto's a hack compared to the artistry of Ritter.