Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rival to the analogman?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by TaySte_2000, Dec 9, 2005.

1. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Possible rival to the Analogman Chorus Clone?

[​IMG]

Pro Tone Pedals is pleased to announce the release of its latest effect pedal- The Lithium Chorus. The Lithum is modeled after one of the most famous chorus pedals of all time--one made even more popular by late Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain. However, the Lithium has an added depth control giving you more tonal flexibility and allowing lush aural spaces. The Lithium uses hand-picked analog components and incorporates the legendary 4558 op amp from Texas Instruments. As with all Pro Tone Pedals the Lithium also sports these features-- • Operates on a standard 9 volt battery or optional BOSS style adapter. • Stomp switch is built to withstand 30,000 stomps. • Durable aluminum housing with an enamel finish. • Hand-built Point to Point construction. • Color-coded LED for easy onstage identification • Proudly made in Texas, USA MSRP $189.00

Quite interesting

2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

I have tried neither the original nor the copy.
    I think the most famous chorus pedal of all time is the TC SCF though.

3. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    looks ok, but also looks bigger than my analogman mini-clone. Given that, and how happy I am with my analogman I'd have no reason to try it out.

4. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    A pink Poly Chorurs clone? No thanks ;)

5. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Oh you know pink is where it's at :D

Fair point, but it is the same size as the full sized Analogman Chorus Clone, and also I presume it doesn't have at least a 6 month waiting period

Could be a good option for those searching for a chorus, also I know this company is available in UK and aren't massively over priced for once :D

Cheers

6. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    fyi, I got my original clone chorus in 3 days and the mini in 2 days. The clones appear to be made in sufficient quantities to have minimal delays on them.

7. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    I stand corrected :D cheers

8. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
    That's a sweet looking pedal, IMO. I would be curious to try it out if I was looking for another chorus pedal. Good looking out. :)