Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rivera Ebay offering?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lamarjones, Jul 19, 2004.

1. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

2. This is one of several auctions that have come up recently with photos and descriptions swiped from Bob "the Swami"s Bass Palace site. The actual sales listing from Bob's site is here:

http://www.basspalace.com/dynamic/displaybass/4StringBass/3501

So, the bass is probably legitimate, but the auction is bogus.
    FYI: The writing on the upper horn says "Waddles" -- you can read it in Bob's larger photos.

Mike

3. rusty

rusty

Mar 29, 2004
    Singapore
    +1

4. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

mike , man you are really good !! i'm not all into E*AY , but will the seller be reported for this ?
    wow, the seller has zero feedback , not an automatic bad thing , but he's already gotten six bids...
    hope nobody gets burned on this... :eyebrow:

5. I can't take credit -- somebody else mention the rash of bogus auctions on another board, and I've drooled over Bob's inventory enough to recognize some of the more unusual pieces.

Mike

6. RLT

RLT

Jul 10, 2004
    South Central OH
    Well it sold for $305 to a O feedback buyer. If you look at the bid page there were 2 retractions by people unable to contact the seller.
    Hope no one was scammed but they also only accept money orders or cashiers checks. Makes me nervous. :rollno: