Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Riverhead basses any one heard of them?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by justaroundkid45, Nov 16, 2004.

1. I bought this bass a while ago its a river head and i got it used it plays very nice sounds very nice but i cant find any info on it anywhere anyone got anything?

2. bgartist

bgartist Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Yes. I bought a 5 string, Ash/maple jazz style bass a few years ago. It was one of the best sounding jazzes that I ever heard. It looked like a cross between a Lakland and a Sadowsky ( I said looked, not sounded! ). I had a Bartolini preamp installed later. It nailed the Marcus Miller tone. I ended up trading it after I got my Pedulla J2000.

3. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    Riverheard was making basses in Japan during the 1980s, the early models were headless like Steinberger basses.

They stopped importing to the USA for some time, although I understand they continued to sell basses in Japan (and I guess the UK because I recall a number of British guys playing them).

Later on they made basses with normal bodies and headstocks though the only ones I ever got to try were the headless ones.