RMC piezo on ABM individual bridge

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Tommy Gunz, Jun 19, 2003.

1. So RMC returned my email along with a few pictures of their pickups. I originally was going to go for the Wilkinson piezo saddles, but then I saw these too and now I'm thinking of going with them instead.

They also send me a price list and it'll at least be +$300US to get a set along with an active buffer/blender/feedback elimination preamp board. So I'm still thinking about it on that one.

Someone also made a comment about the quality of RMC piezo pickups on his Brian Moore bass and he said that they're so good, one can just use piezo only (along with their special 3 band preamp) and be totally happy with the tonal availability. Now the though of that is alwasy creeping in my mind. Although I knew I shouldn't because I never have first hand experience to validate that comment, and I already told Allparts to order me these Bart X4 narrow soapbars. But on the other hand, the bass will look so badass with only these piezo bridge with no pickups. :D
  2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    hey tommy, wazzup?

thanks for sharing that info about the abm/rmc connection. that's cool.

i have rmc piezos in the 8 strings that i brought up to the big TO last year that you played on. i don't know if you remember how they sounded, but they do sound really good just by themselves.
  3. Hey John, thanks for reminding me about your bass, I completely forgot that yours has the RMC piezo too!! When I was playing your bass in that store, I was too busy trying to concentrate on fretting and plucking the same string while playing!! :D