SOLD RMI Aurora XRB 36 Fret 7 String Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by thewildest, Mar 3, 2016.

1. thewildest

thewildest Supporting Member

May 25, 2011
    Florida, USA
    Price:
    Strings:
    Greetings,

For sale my "like new" RMI Aurora 7 string bass. I got it a couple of years ago from England because I had a project that needed some extra bass soloing/tapping, but overall the bass has about 8 to 10 hours to total playing on it. As you can see, the shape and overall idea of this bass is quite phenomenal, and it plays and sounds fantastic for a single pickup instrument, the preamp and magnetic pickup (Delano) provide a great spectrum of possibilities. I have kept this bass in my smoke-free studio, but given the low milage I am putting on it perhaps it is time to let it go. The only modification that I have done on it was to move the strap-lock (Schaller) closer to the border as it was better for me to balance the instrument; I am sure this modification will make sense to whomever gets it. These are some of the specifications and answers to the most common questions:
    • Tuning: BEADGCF, 7 strings, currently wearing Black Beauties (combination of 6 string bass and 1 string from the guitar set).
    • Weight: 5Kg (11 lb)
    • Wood: swamp ash covered by a transparent while coat that allows you to see its beautiful grain through.
    • String Spacing: 16.5mm at bridge
    • Scale: 34"
    • Pickup: Delano MC7 FE dual coil custom
    • Preamp: Delano Sonar 3
    • Controls: Master volume (pull for passive mode), 3-band EQ - treble (custom pot tone function during passive operation), 3-way mid frequency selector switch (300Hz, 800Hz, 500Hz), PU coil tap (parallel, single coil, in series)
    I live in Montreal and the bass will be shipped on its gig-bag inside a very well padded box anywhere in the world, using the shipping mode that would be most convenient to the buyer. If you are interested, please send me a message. Thank you!!

IMG_1589.JPG IMG_1592.JPG IMG_1593.JPG IMG_1595.JPG IMG_1596.JPG IMG_1594.JPG

2. lowendmafia

lowendmafia Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2007
    Sacramento, California
    Wow...

3. Funk³

Funk³

Apr 12, 2015
    London
    It's like a Fodera for John Myung if he played power metal, and then if he snorted a bunch of coke..

I LOVE IT!

4. thewildest

thewildest Supporting Member

May 25, 2011
    Florida, USA
    Thanks for the comments and PMs. This guy is still for sale

5. ThatLowEnd

ThatLowEnd Dirt, Trucks, BBQ, Whiskey Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2012
    Down In The Delta
    Has been/Never was
    Pmd

6. Wizardtac

Wizardtac

Apr 12, 2016
    Pm inbound

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 16, 2022