RNR Hall Of Fame gets act together!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by NewWaveBasser, Sep 9, 2002.

1. Nominees:

AND... THE POLICE!!!

While Rush and Genesis are still badly missing, I must say I'm ecstatic about this years nominees... yes EVEN ABBA... what?:confused:

And I've been thinking about this for a looooooooonngg time...

Police reunion!!!!!

I mean would Sting not play with Stew and Andy one freakin' song if they were inducted?

We've got Sting on da corner now.

ABBA much harder to get together at the ceremony but you never know...

Clash would rock at the induction ceremony...

Now if they actually could appreciate the Brits and consider Joy Division and The Jam as future nominees...
  2. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Maybe Andy & Stew don't wanna play with Gordon.

That ain't Rock 'N' Roll!

...sorry if I offended someone, but, for crissakes, c'mon!
  3. As any self-respecting sadist I would have to vote for the clash. :D
  4. I'm with JimK here - ABBA in the ROCK & ROLL hall of fame? :eek:. You gotta be joking.

I'd say the The Clash and The Police both deserve to be in there, though.

*walks away muttering under breath*

seriously though, abba? whoever makes these nominations deserves a good rogering with a wire brush. size four.
  5. Actually, NWB, Summers and Sting get along just fine--it's Stew Copeland who broke up the Police. Given that he and his father controlled the group's purse strings, it's likely that the breakup was ultimately a dispute over money, and those are harder to heal than ones caused by "creative differences."
  6. go clash (even though i'm not a huge fan of theirs)

ABBA? :confused:
  7. old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI

I love the Clash, love them! The day I heard them I vowed that I would learn all of the songs, bulid a time machine, go back in time, kill their bass player (No disrepect, noitice I said I would learn all of the lines), and join as the original member of the Clash.

I do also feel that the Police should be in there though. :D

Oh, who am I kidding Costello needs to be in there too!
  8. ChenNuts44

Nov 18, 2001
    Davenport, IA
    Peter, I am STILL laughing at your sig... It's just so... um... FUNNY!!! :D
  9. Well Pete yeah Stew vs. Sting was the end.

However, isn't Stew's bro STILL Sting's manager? Hmmm...

It might have been more than just money, Peter. Good point you made, but Stew wanted to rock more while Sting was going the other way. They clashed (I said clashed, eh?) in many ways. Oh, and Sting beat Stew in terms of songwriting and such.

Anyway, I would think that just this once to save face they'd play at the ceremony just to close the book finally. Andy's for it. Stew is for it. Is Sting? Maybe he wants the suspense. I say he'll do it.

If they do you bet the planet will freak out!
  10. Clash first, Elvis Costello by a fraction
  11. CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain

just remember when Jethro Tul won the Grammy for "best HEAVY METAL ALBUM" over Pantera......
  12. It was mettalica...
  13. bdeaux

bdeaux Bass, the final frontier! Supporting Member

Jun 13, 2002
    Salt Lake City based
    Branden Campbell
    Thumbs up NewWaveBasser on mentioning The Jam. All you Clash fans will love The Jam (Bruce Foxton on bass) if you don't already. Paul Weller has put down some sweet bass lines on his solo material. Though he fills the guitarist/singer role, he is an accomplished bassist.