1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Road 440

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by stephenq, Oct 12, 2009.

1. There must be a reason I've never heard of these amps- maybe they didn't sell super-well..? Just a possibility.
    Also- 'bought used- the guy said 400 watts' :meh:
    Could mean the amp is stamped 400 watts(meaning it consumes 400 watts of power in order to produce 100-150 watts of output).
    It's definitely a buyer's market these days- I'd wait until something truly nice comes along.

2. grifff

grifff

Jan 5, 2009
    Towson, Maryland
    The most important part -

"No Cheep Brand Guitars Have been Played on this - !!"

3. If you don't mind risking death why not plug into this lovely amp. To improve your tone why not stand in a bucket of water?

4. theavondon

theavondon

May 11, 2009
    Town
    I've never heard of Cheep Guitars. Are they any good?

5. mccartneyman

mccartneyman

Dec 22, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Managing Editor, Bass Guitars Editor, MusicGearReview.com
    Used a 220 with a 118 cab for my Moog Taurus pedals back in the 1970s, but I was unimpressed with it for bass.

6. Dude. No.

7. stephenq

stephenq

Jul 23, 2009
    Kansas City
    sorry, was meant to be more of a sarcastic post

"" asking $1,200.00 *** SPECIAL*** FIRST PERSON WITH $300.00 CASH GETS BOTH right now "":eyebrow:

8. My sarcastrometer is *broken* from overuse(I'm in OT a LOT ;)). I also didn't see the $1200 part- I'll put my glasses on.

9. stephenq

stephenq

Jul 23, 2009
    Kansas City
    ha its cool:)

10. that schmuck as been trying to pawn that thing off for almost a year now. He used to post daily on CL until he realized that no one cared at all.

11. Barnabas

Barnabas

May 17, 2009
    Atlanta
    While that CL post contains highly questionable grammar, I'd like to defend the Road 440.
    I happen to have that same model with the matching 18" cab, and I love it. I got the whole thing for 180$
    Call me tone deaf, but this thing has been kicking for me just fine for 15 years with no problems.
    His price is high, and he seems like a schmuck, but (IMHO) if it works it's a great amp.
    (FYI, it's 375 watts at 4ohms)