Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by powermans, Jun 27, 2013.

  1. Hi Guys,
    Just picked up one of the last NEW SWR Working Pro 400 heads left here "Down Under". Would appreciate any advice on the right size / brand name / road case to suit the Mother!:help:
  2. Canberk

    Canberk Guest

    Jun 26, 2013
    ATA hard cases. Their case for pedaltrain mini or pedaltrain jr should work for your amp head.
  3. Dave W

    Dave W Supporting Member

    Mar 1, 2007
    Westchester, NY
    It's a 2U head, so any 2U rack mount case will be fine. Road Ready, SKB, Gator, Calzone, Anvil, etc.

    You definitely don't want that...
  4. Canberk

    Canberk Guest

    Jun 26, 2013
    Why not?
  5. Its a rack mountable amp. Mount it in a rack case?
  6. Canberk

    Canberk Guest

    Jun 26, 2013
    I thought those cases for mountable rack units are for multiple racks. Never seen a case for just one rack unit. That's why I offered a simple case just to carry it(which sounded a bit stupid to you, I guess:D)
  7. They make them in all sizes. His amp is a 2u size, so he could grab a 2u rack. Or if he wanted to add anything to the rack he could get a bigger one should he wish. The racks cases also come in different depths, so make sure you get one that is the right size.
  8. Canberk

    Canberk Guest

    Jun 26, 2013
    Got it. Thank you for the info.
  9. Jeff Bonny

    Jeff Bonny Inactive Supporting Member

    Nov 20, 2000
    Vancouver BC
    Every city has someone building cases for competitive prices. Contact the larger pro audio rental houses in your area and since they buy a lot of cases they'll point you to who's building them. They may even have something used to sell you as might the case manufacturer.

    I'm not a huge fan of the quality of light weight plastic racks like SKB but they are cheaper and easier to move.
  10. Thanks for your input gentlemen, i will start looking for a 2U size case and check the depth! That's the info I needed to know ... Thanks again.:hyper:
  11. ma4rk

    ma4rk Guest

    Jun 28, 2012
    Sydney, Australia
    Drop into Tym Guitars & Tim will sort you out with someone local. Or there is a place called Cliff Electronics near Fortitude Valley that sells the parts if you can make your own.