Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Road Case For an Ashdown Evo II 500??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Th9nker, Jan 25, 2005.

1. Th9nker

Th9nker

Mar 18, 2002
    I want a good road case that fits this head... the non-rackmount version... any suggestions?

Also, do any of you evo II owners have the vinyl covers that Ashdown sells? Are they any good?

Thanks...

2. Hi not sure how you intend to fit the amp into a case but i do this.

I tried the vinyl covers, what a waste of money as they are rubbish.

Get a local amp cover maker ( we have one in the UK called Cover on Covers and they are very reasonable.

The covers they sell are the black rucksack padded material and they will even put a band or Ashdown logo on it.

I got a cover made up for my ABM500 that slips on from the top with an opening at the end for the handle, works a treat and is well protected. The ashdown one vinyl thing slips on from the end only and slips off !!

You could also get a sturdy case stick some foam in it and use that, but my covers work very well as light, tough, waterproof and look good and no extra weight.

For all UK Ashdown users the website is www.coverovercovers.co.uk and ask for Barry small company but prices are approx £20 to £30 for amp or cabinet covers.
    They will need to know the dimensions but for me they have made up:

AMPEG SVTCL HEAD COVER
    AMPEG SVT410HE
    AMPEG SVT115
    ASHDOWN ABM500 EVO 11
    AMPEG SVT610HE
    JBL EON1500 PA COVERS

Hope this helps

3. OBBM

OBBM

Jan 26, 2005
    Surrey, UK
  4. Nice flightcases really expensive !!

5. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    www.katzaudio.com if your in the states. theyll do it. probaly run you about 2 maybe 300.

6. Th9nker

Th9nker

Mar 18, 2002
    All of those seem like good options... and yes I am in the States....

Thanks...

7. protoz

protoz

Nov 30, 2000
    Iowa
    I had no idea amp cases were that expensive to make! I found an Anvil case that would fit my Sunn amp and it costs more than what I paid for the amp! ($295-$260)

http://www.hybridcases.com is another one I found that has an ad on Ebay that will make any case any dimension for $199 that I may have to take advantage of.

8. Th9nker

Th9nker

Mar 18, 2002
    I wish that Ashdown would make a nice "gig bag" or something for their heads, like the really cool ones Aguilar does...

Hmmm, I also need covers or cases for my mini 4x8 and 1x15...

I'm either going to get some nice thick canvas covers made or try to find some road cases...

Trying to actually take care of my gear these days...