1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Road Ready Cases for SVT-II?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by i_got_a_mohawk, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Hi guys, im still looking for a new case for my amp, been put off SKB style abs/plastic cases, and am looking for something pretty heavy duty, was going to go here www.flightcaseworkshop.co.uk , but came accross road ready cases, how are these things? did a bit of a scout about and they seem to be the bee's knees so to speak

You recon a 4U amplifier or shockmount case would be good for the weight of an SVT?

Wondering if there would be any heat issues with the shockmount one?

cheers!

- Will

2. I have a road ready 6 space case and the only complaint I have with it is it's kinda heavy without any gear in it. That combined with my ridiculously heavy behringer power amp and I don't want to move the thing.

3. my SVT is already heavy enough, 70-80lbs without the case, but, weight doesnt bother me too much :)

4. bannedwit

bannedwit

May 9, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    I am looking to get one of these:

b3_1_b.

My 4 space rack won't be able to hold everything once my Ampeg comes in so I will be needing one of these...

I will probably throw coasters on it or something.
    It will be heavy but worth it!

5. Luckydog

Luckydog

Dec 25, 1999
    Mohawk, 2 of my SVT-II's have SKB plastic rack cases. IMO, SKB should stick to making cases for lightweight stuff. These cases are absolutely insufficient for an 83 pound head. Additionally, the SVT-II vents throught he side, and the SKB case doesn't have an opening in the side. Sure you can cut a hole, but then you weaken the case even more that it already is.

I carry my main SVT-II head in a Pelican style suitcase which is SUPER tough. It is made of thick reinforced plastic, not the thin brittle stuff SKB uses. I don't need nor do I want the head to be in a rack case when I use it. It sits on top of my cabs as is. You can add a couple pieces of foam inside the Pelican case if you wish. Some of these cases have wheels, but I don't need it. The case itself is very lightweight, and will even withstand a good soaking in the rain without leaking a drop since it is O-ring sealed.

6. Yeah, it says they can handle weights up to 155lbs, but, i didnt trust it when it was in the SKB 8U shockmount case i had, however the one pro there was that ventilation wasnt a problem

Im pretty much good for sticking with a big ol ATA style plywood etc case, heavey yes, but, its ok :)

Annoyingly my SVT-II doesnt have rubber feet (except on the back) so i dont like having it ontop of the cab because the whole bottom is in contact and it just seems bad to me

Ive never seen pelican cases over here

Thanks for the advice tho :)

7. Luckydog

Luckydog

Dec 25, 1999
    mohawk you can put a slab of foam between the head and cab to damp vibration. Don't need no stinkin' feet.

8. I guess so, but, theres something about having it in a huge case that looks cool :p

8U RR shockmount case = 67.1 lbs
    SVT - II = 85 lbs

Total = 152.1 lbs . . . anyone recon i'll put my back out ?

- Will