road/velo riders (bicycles)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by volumefiend, Feb 10, 2004.

1. how many of you ride a road bike for exercise or recreation? how many of you have ever or do ride fixed-gear velo bikes? im thinking about getting in to track racing.
  2. inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    I raced down hill mtb for a while but not road. Thinking about getting a road bike though. Fun stuff!
  3. I like to ride MTB but i do mostly road and a little bit of single track. I always thought about getting a road bike but the big pneamatic tires of MTB seem alot more comfortable to me.

I would like to get into single speed MTB's but my current bike is as far away from single speed you can get. Its got a 27 speed drive train, I use maybe 6 of the speeds and alot are repeat gear ratios :meh:
  4. To be fair, you'd be better off getting a "standard" cassette hub'd road bike if anything. The fixed-wheel track bikes are pretty much useless for anything else, so you might as well go for the comfort, cheapness (word up), and also more available componentry road bikes. 'sides, it's all good in the end.

I'm currently a trials bike company product tester (go to ;)), used to do downhilling to a kinda national standard, and now just love doing light downhill/single track hardtail shenanigans. All for the good!