1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Road Worn Mint...

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by dannster, Mar 28, 2009.

1. dannster

dannster

Aug 20, 2000
    Seattle,WA
  2. Jimmy Bones

Jimmy Bones

Feb 24, 2009
    Baxley, GA
    Looks poopiee to me.

3. Looks like it badly needs to be refinished to me.

4. "Road worn" and "mint" not only constitute an oxymoron, they COMPLETELY miss the point! (If there ever was one.)

5. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    Thats almost as bad as a Fretless Precision. :D

6. dannster

dannster

Aug 20, 2000
    Seattle,WA
    Not in this case because "Road Worn" is one of the new series from Fender. See Them Here;)

Stratosphere takes brand new (usually) instruments apart and pieces them out.

7. southernrocker

southernrocker Banned

Apr 4, 2009
    those basses will be great with my pre-ripped jeans.

I hate that crap.
    "Road Worn" = POS

8. Uh, no. You missed my point. I'm fully aware of Fender's new series. The absurdity of that silly concept is WHY I maintain that "road worn mint" is an oxymoron.

IMO something that is purposely fake "road worn" cannot ever be "mint". It may be new, but IMO its condition will never, under any circumstances, be "mint".

Just my opinion....but I'm stickin' to it. :scowl:

9. dannster

dannster

Aug 20, 2000
    Seattle,WA
    You're just re-saying what I said in the original post and then complaining that you are "righter" than me? BHAHAAHAHA!!:p:p:p

Go ahead take it, its yours....*snicker*:D:p:bag:

10. The pre beat guitars are the same as the ripped jeans thing, agreed completely, and just as ridiculous IMO. I like to beat up my own hats, jeans, guitars etc. I have often wondered about this in terms of re selling a road worn or whatever they call it beat up guitar, espescially the higher end Custom Shop jobs. Wouldn't this obscurity make selling your Jaco or similar expensive beat up fender really difficult? Plus, do you sweat adding your own damage to your "road worn" bass when you own it? I mean, put them in a case and clean them off when you are done playing or just huck it in the closet?

11. dougjwray

dougjwray

Jul 20, 2005
    What I like is that the new Fender Road Worn instruments, being assembly line items, all seem to have their scars in exactly the same places! So, pretty soon we'll all be able to spot one and say, "Hey, that guy up there is playing one of those fake antiques!" It completely sabotages the whole idea.