1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Roadgear

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Chris J, Jun 3, 2005.

1. Has anyone else tried the Ibanez Roadgear RD900FM? I tried it today and was really surprised by it. It felt nice, sounded alright, and looked great. I must admit that I am willing to consider that the ampeg I was playing through had more to do with the good tone than the bass as I had no idea what the controls did. But the binding, the fret size and shape, the actual flame maple top (as opposed to veneer). For the price I was extremely impressed with this bass. The J/MM config was really cool but I wasn't able to get much variety, again most likely due to my ineptitude with the controls. I must say that I'd recommend this bass to anyone willing to shell out $900CAN for a 4 banger. (Taxes included)

2. full_bleed

full_bleed

May 27, 2005
    Arizona
    I played one the other day through a crate and it still sounded pretty damn good. I was impressed also because it was so cheap. Maybe you should play with it a little more because I was able to get about a couple really good sounds out of it. The only thing that held me back from getting it was that I am in the market for a 5 string and also that I'm a little stand offish when it comes to Ibanez. They haven't been the most consistant craftmen.

follow this link bacause they talk about the roadgears in them
    talkbass rd discussion