1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Roadworn Mike Dirnt neck...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by staurosjohn, Feb 20, 2016.

1. staurosjohn

staurosjohn Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2010
    Nottingham, MD
    Refinished a (body damaged) Squier Mike Dirnt bass a few years back... been going back & forth on upgrading the neck. I refinished the body in (Guitar Reranch rattlecan Sonic Blue), installed a Fender '62 pickup, vintage bridge, bridge cover, flat-top knobs... vintage wiring harness & 3-ply pickguard + redrilled existing neck for Hipshot Lollypop tuners.

Just couldn't get the feel I was searching for... so... just purchased a Roadworn Mike Dirnt neck (the STRATosphere)... swapped out the tuners with the Lollypops (drop-in)... sanded down the back of the neck a bit... is nice!

This bass, with the original neck, has shown up here a few times... and if you're like my wife you'll say 'it doesn't look any different' :jawdrop: ... but it plays quite differently!! :p Currently sporting GHS Brite Flats.

image. image. image. image.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
    Tbone76, BeeTL, reno88 and 4 others like this.
  2. Plake

Plake Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2010
    Well done! :thumbsup:

staurosjohn likes this.
  3. That looks awesome, lollipop tuners fit the tele headstock a lot better then the bulkier clovers.

staurosjohn likes this.
  4. staurosjohn

Jun 15, 2010
    Nottingham, MD
    Got a 'Paisley' neck plate coming, Monday, just for kicks! :woot:
    image.

Tbone76 likes this.
  5. Love the sonic blue

staurosjohn likes this.
  6. staurosjohn

Jun 15, 2010
    Nottingham, MD
    Thx... its really nice 'in person'! :cool: ... welcome to Talkbass @Canarybass

7. BeeTL

BeeTL Commercial User

Sep 26, 2006
    Oldsmar, FL
    Brad Lowe, Lowe Custom Guitars
    That's really nice!

staurosjohn likes this.
  8. Thanks!

staurosjohn likes this.