Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

rob allen basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mikestack, Jan 27, 2003.

1. mikestack

mikestack

Sep 17, 2002
    Boston
    Hey guys,

A couple weeks ago I was in Manhattan and managed to stop into a bunch of guitar shops. At NYC Guitar & Bass Boutique (one nice little store with rather friendly help...), I played a Rob Allen fretless and really thought highly of it. Actually, of the several high end basses I played when I was in Manhattan, either the Rob Allen or a fretted Spector was my favorite.

Anyway, after my Zon comes through I'm going to be looking into a new fretless bass and was curious if anyone had any experience with Rob Allen's instruments. I've contacted Rob and he's been willing to look into 13-pin/V-Bass integration solutions for me, so that right there is a plus... but I'm looking for people with experience with these more than the 30 minutes or so I played one.

2. I kept mine for a year and a half despite the fact I had no use for it simply because it was such a beautiful instrument.

I found it to be very much a 'niche' instrument, and that niche wasn't mine.