1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Rob Allen Deep 5 Custom Fretless SOLD!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bassinstincts, Nov 1, 2006.

1. bassinstincts

bassinstincts Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Acoustic Image
    I have decided 5 strings is one too many for me. In addition, I bought a Rob Allen 4-string on ebay last night, so my beloved Deep 5 lined fretless is on the block.

The bass is Koa and 34-inch scale, made by Rob that way so tension is a little lower for E-C stringing (which is how it always has been). I am sure it could be strung B-G too.

It is in dead mint condition except for one truly tiny flaw in the clearcoat at the bass of the headstock which you need to search for with a magnifying glass and which, I'm sure could be touched up easily.

Strung with black tape wounds (and has always been). Comes with original high quality gig bag.

I haven't been able to find any pricing references. The bass sells new for $4000 plus--and there is a waiting list. I would be comfortable with $2700 (SEE BELOW) in the lower 48. Make me a reasonable offer if you think that is too high. No trades, thanks.

Bass goes to ebay first of next week if not sold.

Admittedly sh*tty photos. Please email me and I will send larger shots if you need them.

2. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    You cause me physical pain. :crying:

3. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    :eek:

HOLY...............

:eek:

4. bassinstincts

Jul 7, 2004
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Acoustic Image
    blank verse?

5. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    Wha? :eyebrow: :)

6. bassinstincts

Jul 7, 2004
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Acoustic Image
    Small joke. There was no text on your previous post.

7. David Morris

David Morris Supporting Member

May 22, 2002
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    That is a very nice-looking MB2 you picked up on ebay. I was on it too (dm4string), but you and the other guy bidding on it left me in the dust. Beautiful walnut top. I have a Mouse 30fm that I am again considering selling - I really miss having a fretless Rob Allen. I wish I had the scratch for your Deep 5.

8. So...where do you live, and what times are you at work...? :ninja:

There is a short list of basses that I just have to have someday, and a Deep 5 is one of them.

9. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    No, I know, I was kidding too... actually it's there - it's just hidden! :bag:

10. bassinstincts

Jul 7, 2004
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Acoustic Image
    Gruuv:

I probably overpaid on the MB-2, but I fell in love with the look. And since I stupidly sold my MB-2 a few years ago, I was ripe to buy. I am looking forward to getting the instrument.

I have never actually played or heard the Mouse, but I gather it is a very sweet sounding bass.

11. bassinstincts

Jul 7, 2004
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Acoustic Image
    I am in Chapel Hill, NC. I work at home and I am around sporadically. I will PM phone numbers.

12. bassinstincts

Jul 7, 2004
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Acoustic Image
    On its way to ebay (or consignment). And offers now, please.

13. bassinstincts

Jul 7, 2004
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Acoustic Image
    Spoke today with a dealer who will consign the instrument. His opinion was the the bass would sell quickly for $3000. But I would have to pay a commission. The $2700
    makes me a few shekels and saves a prospective buyer some. I know its still a 'spensive bass and this may not make a difference. But it will be here until Monday if the inspiration strikes anyone.

14. Gyoon

Gyoon

Nov 12, 2004
    Toronto, Ontario
    Is this bass fretted, or are all Rob Allen's fretless? All the ones I've seen have been without teeth.

Glenn

15. bassinstincts

Jul 7, 2004
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Acoustic Image
    He makes fretted and unfretted. The majority are fretless.

16. David Morris

David Morris Supporting Member

May 22, 2002
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    I sent an email asking for photos. Thanks.

Dave

17. bassinstincts

Jul 7, 2004
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Acoustic Image
    PMs responded to

18. bassinstincts

Jul 7, 2004
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Acoustic Image