Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rob Allen MB-1 (Rare bass w/many upgrades!)

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Yamarc, Jul 5, 2004.

1. Yamarc

Yamarc Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Northville, MI
    I have a very rare Rob Allen MB-1 bass with many upgrades(The MB-1 is now out of production).

It has a 3 tone sunburst (high gloss finish) on an amzing AAA quilted maple top. It has the upgraded (lined) macassar ebony fingerboard and bridge. The neck itself is an amazing blend of highly quilted, flamed and birdseye maple. The body ONE PIECE of alder, which accounts for the excellent tone and sustain of this bass!

It really sounds and plays quite beautifully, I am always amazed by just how many different sounds there are in these basses just by varying technique. It is in excellent condition and comes with a gig bag.

Please e-mail me with any questions or for some pics. I will inlcude shipping for the price above..and I will consider trades/partial trades (ONLY) for a high end jazz like Sadowsky, I am getting out of the game and only want one good high-end jazz bass

706 533 4748 yamarc9@aol.com

2. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

You mentioned a listed price but I don't see one?

3. Yamarc

Yamarc Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Northville, MI
    Sorry bout that, it's 1250.00 (a steal for this bass!)

4. Yamarc

Yamarc Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Northville, MI
    dropped price to 1200...get it now before I send to bass atalanta for consignment!

5. Yamarc

Yamarc Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Northville, MI
    here are some of those pics