1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

rob allen mb1 on the bay...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by richnota, Jun 2, 2007.

1. richnota

richnota

Jan 11, 2005
    Santa Cruz
    The orignal rob allen mb1 is for sale on evil bay. Sorry i cant post link (im posting via my nokia wifi tablet, which is better on paper than practice). I believe the seller is mister mb himself. Between this and the gorgeous six string mb2 i missed last week, its a robfan delight.

2. Holy ****!!! Mark Brown himself. I can't believe he'd sell it.

3. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150128588861

I came here to post this and found your thread already started.

Yes, I can't believe it - Mark Browne himself selling the MB-1 bass. I wonder if he's got some newer models from Rob and figures this one is worth more as a collector's item than as a regular use bass for him.

4. I didn't ask him why he was selling it but basically sent him an e-mail saying that he and Rob are brilliant. He said he was looking for a good home for this one. Too bad it has lines and I just purchased a house Friday.

5. paulorr

paulorr

Apr 5, 2007
    Um, I am new to TalkBass ... my bass is limited to playing bass in church worship team so I hope you don't mind me asking. At the risk of sounding ignorant (which I guess I am) who is Mark Browne?

6. He's a session guy who has played with a ton of bands. He's important in the Rob Allen context because he asked Rob for a bass that could cop a half decent upright tone as an electric bass. Mark was a friend of Rob and Rob was a guitarist who had built a few of his own as more of a hobby. So they worked on a design and came up with the MB1, which eventually became the MB2 for everyone else. In short, Mark helped design the MB2 and turn Rob's hobby into a profession.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 22, 2021