1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Rob Allen Mouse 30, w Protec gig bag, ex cond.

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ric426, Aug 7, 2017.

1. ric426

ric426 In my defense, I was left unsupervised. Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    Price:
    Strings:
    Fretless:
    • Y
    Here's a lined fretless Rob Allen Mouse 30 in fantastic condition, with the excellent Protec gig bag also in great condition. I can only find one blemish on the bass and that's a tiny scratch on the back that's too small to capture with my poor camera. It's about 1/2" long and only visible if you really look for it. There is a bit of dried polish in the junction between the top and bridge that you can spot at certain angles, but it never bothered me, so I never cleaned it out.

This is a fairly basic model without some of the more expensive options, but the sound and quality are everything you'd expect in a Rob Allen instrument. That also means that it's much more affordable than one that's tricked out with a lot of cosmetic options. This one has a walnut top on an ash body with tort binding, a nicely figured birdseye maple neck, and a lined Maccassar ebony fingerboard and matching bridge. It weighs a svelte 5 lbs. 13 oz.

Asking $1700 plus actual shipping costs (shipping to US only), payment preferred by USPS money order, but Paypal also accepted. I'm a fanatic about careful packing to assure safe as possible shipping.

I'm only selling it to get a fretless Rob Allen MB-2, so that would be the main trade that would interest me. I could also be tempted with the right Zon bass.

Mouse - AngleFront. Mouse - FullFront. Mouse - FullBack. Mouse - BodyBack. Mouse - Fingerboard1. Mouse - Neck. Mouse - PegheadFront. Mouse - PegheadBack. Mouse - Bridge. Mouse - CaseOpen. Mouse - Case. Mouse - Docs.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
    B_Lo likes this.
  2. burnunit

burnunit obsolete

Nov 17, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    PM sent

3. ric426

ric426 In my defense, I was left unsupervised. Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    Replied with a PM conversation

4. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    I was just saying that if my "standards jazz" gig picked up that it'd be nice to have a Mouse again...