1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Rob Allen Mouse

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by rbeck47, Mar 1, 2017.

1. rbeck47

rbeck47 Supporting Member

Apr 24, 2005
    SE Wisconsin
    Price:
    $1950
    Strings:
    Fretless:
    • Y
    SALE PENDING
    For Sale: Rob Allen Mouse, lined fretless, built in 2009 with beautiful woods and the exquisite craftsmanship of Rob Allen. The Mouse has a 30” scale and a Fishman Matrix piezo pickup that produces sounds about as close to an upright as you can get without having to carry around the real thing. This one, which is in excellent condition, features an alder, bound body with a California Claro Walnut top, matching headstock, an Eastern Black Walnut neck and ebony fingerboard. The body cavity is fully shielded, and the tuners are Hipshot utralights. The LaBella black tapewounds are perfect for this bass, and an extra set of new strings will be included. Weight, you ask? About 5.5 lbs. Rob Allen’s great-looking, form-fitting hard case (also in excellent condition) is included.

I will probably regret selling this down the line, but I just don’t have enough situations to use it, and I can still use my upright for those occasional times. Smoke-free, pet-free environment. Not looking for any trades, please. Will sell and ship, insured, in the CONUS.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
  2. playzabass

playzabass

Sep 14, 2008
    Los Angeles
    I heard that.. Love your Rob Allen..

rbeck47 likes this.
  3. Onemanbanned

Onemanbanned Supporting Member

Mar 4, 2012
    MSP
    Love mine. Actually have two plus a deep four. I wish the lines would wrap around, however. Never understood why have a lined fretless if you can only see the lines having to look at the fretboard. From my conversations with Rob, the lines are actually inlaid. Highest quality workmanship. Just wish the lines were extended to wrap around towards the ""binding" area [if that makes sense]. Great price on a great bass. GLWS!

rbeck47 likes this.
  4. rbeck47

Apr 24, 2005
    SE Wisconsin
    I believe, based on what Rob told me, that it is real ebony.

5. playzabass

playzabass

Sep 14, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Question to you Rob Allen Owners, I know these basses sound very close to an upright, but I've never heard one get that upright growl.... Is this possible on these basses?? Thanks..

rbeck47 likes this.
  6. rbeck47

Apr 24, 2005
    SE Wisconsin
    Check the sound samples at the bottom of the page here: http://roballenguitars.com

The only thing I've ever found that truly sounds like an upright is the real deal. I think that's also true of EUBs - they can get close, but not 100%. The Mouse, though, comes the closest of any, and it is so easy and fun to play. Making the adjustment to the short scale is no problem at all.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  7. playzabass

playzabass

Sep 14, 2008
    Los Angeles
    I've heard these before and the one that has the mooahh effect is the Deep.. Thanks for answering, and yes your right, the mouse is king when it come to overall upright tone..

rbeck47 likes this.