1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Rob Trujillo's Warwick Streamer

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 5string5fingers, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Went to the Metallica concert last night in Atlanta at the Phillips Arena. It was crazy,had an amazing time. Rob had some crazy basses last night,one of them that really stuck out in my mind was a warwick streamer. He must have had it custom made had a fairly thin neck on it. Here's a picture of it from last night.

[​IMG]

He also had a really nice vintage P bass he used on their older songs

[​IMG]

EDIT: FYI I did not take these photos.

2. Dan B

Dan B

Oct 19, 2008
    Pittsfield, MA
    That Warwick looks delicious.

Did he use his Ric at all? What about his Fernandes and Zon?

Also, great pictures.

3. I'm not at all a fan of the band, but I like those basses! :bassist:

4. With all those mods to the wick you have to wonder why he doesn't just play a Spector.:meh:

5. Dan B

Dan B

Oct 19, 2008
    Pittsfield, MA
    You know, I'm thinking that about that now (to the point where I almost called the Warwick a Spector).

My guess is that he probably just went to Warwick first or likes the woods. Better to ask the man himself really.:meh:

6. He didn't play his rick,he did play his Fernades I don't know about the zon. He didn't come over to our area of the stage that often.

7. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Man he looks funny with a Fender. Never thought I'd see that. A full arsenal of Warwicks, Zons, Fernandes, Rics, Tobias, Stingrays, and who know what else....and he plays a Fender. Strange. Maybe he was planning to smash it?

8. No I've seen him use it in many other concerts. The p bass and the ampeg rig hits a good tone for the songs Cliff originally played on.

9. neptoon

neptoon Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2000
    Cape Canaveral, FL
    he's got a black warwick streamer, too...the blue one reminds me of his old blue quilt tobias basic

10. Yep he played the black streamer,and for the closing song i think he played another streamer that was blue chrome. Definitely stuck out on stage. They didn't get a very good picture of it.

[​IMG]

11. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    Who?

:D

12. your idol

your idol

Oct 13, 2008
    Murfreesboro TN
    his stance makes me giggle...its kinda of like power pooping..nice wick though..and im not a fan of wicks

13. He's actually pete wentz,it's his night job.

14. Yea its pretty hilarious,but the guy brings a ton of energy to the stage,and is a pretty wicked player too.

15. Lammchop93

Lammchop93 Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Louisville, KY
    When Metallica was inducted into the rock and roll hall of fame he played a P bass as well. I remember it being white.

16. bass_snake

bass_snake Banned

Aug 13, 2008
    Stouffville, Ontario
    That Streamer is hot. Great shots too man. Nice photos. :)

Fred

17. Haha they're not mine,they're from their website. I wish I coulda gotten that close to take pictures!

18. grifff

grifff

Jan 5, 2009
    Towson, Maryland
    I liked him much better in Infectious Grooves but that's beside the point. I like that Warwick.

19. I've always thought his playing stance was rather unusual. If he slings his bass any lower it's gonna hit the ground!

20. calebbarton

calebbarton

Aug 25, 2007
    Oregon
    I manufacture for several companies including but not limited to: Bridge City Sound, Catalinbread, more.
    dude if his arms were any longer.........