Rob Zombie's "The Devil's Rejects"

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by LajoieT, Jul 29, 2005.

1. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    OK, this is kind of a strange request, but my sister works for his management company and they have heard that it is available for download on the net. I'm not involved in any of the sites that distribute these things, so I'm wondering if anyone on here is. NO NAMES OR ANY INFO WILL BE GIVEN TO THEM but she was looking to see if anyone can confirm this. If you don't want to post here please feel free to PM me and I personally guarantee discretion. They are simply looking for confirmation of it's avialability, so if anyone can confirm that they have downloaded it from somewhere I'd like to know, and again I will not give them ANY information about who you are or were I found out.
  2. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    I may or may not have a friend that definitely has it on his PC and I saw a few minutes of it the other day.

3. LajoieT

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    Cool, thanks, now what was your phone number, address, social security number and when can I guarantee you'll be at home?

:p :p :p :p :p :p
  4. You can get anything off of the Internet. People already have War of the Worlds, Star Wars, Etc.

Is "The Devil's Rejects" a good movie? I haven't seen a blockbuster Rob Zombie movie. Ever.
  5. wingnutkj

Mar 27, 2003
    It's one of the most disgustingly depraved, violent, stomach-churning, evil, blasphemous and utterly morally bankrupt films I've ever seen.

I loved it.

I saw a freebie preview screening on Wednesday night. I didn't have high expectations, but they were completely surpassed. Rob Zombie's done an absolutely fantastic take on the slasher horror type thing. When Quentin Tarantino did his take on the Hong Kong films of his youth with Kill Bill, I hated it - it was all very contrived and painfully smug (in my opinion, of course).

I could rant about my dislike of Kill Bill 1 for a while, but anyway, with The Devil's Rejects, Rob Zombie's done it right - it's horrible, brutal and unrelenting, but the cinematography is beautiful, and evokes a hot dusty Alabama summer in the '70 pefectly. Freebird gets played, and the film gets away with it!

It's not for everyone, though. The CAPAlert guy, for example. 5 minutes in, and his scorecard will be off the scale.

Oh, and it's got Danny Trejo in it, playing, well, Danny Trejo, same as ever. If that doesn't mean anything to you, this film's probably not for you.
  6. LajoieT

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    Yea, I know that, He's just looking for actual proof that it is available online, since someone mentioned it on his message board.

It's Rob Zombie, Not Steven Speilberg. He's not trying for blockbuster.