1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Robbie Crane of RATT's Bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RealBK, Apr 19, 2010.

1. RealBK

RealBK

Feb 8, 2002
  2. RealBK

RealBK

Feb 8, 2002
    anyone?

3. Kitsapbass

Kitsapbass What key is this?

May 26, 2005
    Bremerton, WA
    It looks to me like it's some small luthier/Warmoth style assembled bass - versus a well known company. I would have guessed a Charvel, due to the headstock (Fender owns them so licensing isn't a problem) and body style, but the logo isn't a match.

4. cetera

cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
  5. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Performance

6. Dark Horse

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Yay for simultaneous posts with the right answer !

:D

7. RealBK

RealBK

Feb 8, 2002
    Thanks people, now next question - Does Performance basses have a website? can't find any info on them? Thanks

8. Dark Horse

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
  9. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    guys that is a Performance neck no doubt, but that is a 90's Charvel CHS body right down to the reverse-p.

if I'm wrong I'm wrong and they do build custom anything you want, and he "may" have wanted it to look like that, but I still think it is a Charvel body. I just have too many of them not to notice the similarity.
    P1010142.

10. Dark Horse

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Performance did dead on knock offs of Charvels in the 80's. They also sold parts, so it's hard to say....sure looks possible.

Robbie also has a redburst one - http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4009/4359396272_ed4efe8dff.jpg

11. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    well that would make sense. It is not a body from one of the older 80's "model" series because those horns are slightly different, but that's a dead ringer for my CHS in the pic I just posted :)

12. Dark Horse

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX

Just posted a link to Robbies' redburst one, which also has a Performance neck.

Take a look and see what you think.

13. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    it is pretty....I have had many clones that look like something else. I'd laugh if the control cover on the back was the same shape though...

14. Dark Horse

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX

Yeah, it is an interesting question :

Are they both Performance Basses that are copies of the Charvel, or are they both Charvels that have had the necks replaced with Performance necks ?

Hmmm....

:confused:

I guess you could always ask him. He seems to check his Myspace site with some regularity -

http://www.myspace.com/robbiecrane

15. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    well it would be more of an education for RealBK to message him on myspace right? ;) this way he can share his resolution with all of us.

( not to derail the thread ), sometimes a pic can only tell you so much. Can you tell me what model Kramer this is just from one pic?

P1010069-1.

16. Dark Horse

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX

Nope, but I'm not a Kramer guy.

;)

17. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    it's not a Kramer it's a Kramer neck on a Charvel body :D but I'm sure his unit is 100% Performance just styled after the Charvel body and reverse-p setup.

ok enough random posting for me, I'll see what the OP finds out now that you gave him the link.

18. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Gold Supporting Member

19. Basshappi

Basshappi

Feb 12, 2007
    Tucson,AZ
    Judging from the prices they are awefully proud of their products! :eek: