1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Robert Hurst

Discussion in 'Bassists [DB]' started by Bijoux, Mar 23, 2002.

1. Bijoux

Bijoux

Aug 13, 2001
    Denver-CO-USA
    I just saw a Geri Allen concert and Bob Hurst was playing and Billy Hart, I've never seen Bob playing like that, most of the time I've seen him only playing a supportive role but this guy was smoking the other night, great tone real real high string action, I usually don't like bowing in Jazz and I'll have to review that after hearing this cat, he's an amazing musician and for those interested he was playing a small 3/4 his bridge was on the thick side and surprisingly enough his soundpost was way far from the bridge, at the very least 1 inch, I was 3 feet from the guy and the position of the soundpost looked very unsual to me, anyway what a great concert.

2. Bijoux

Bijoux

Aug 13, 2001
    Denver-CO-USA
    I couldn't see it I could guess because it looked very far, as I got home I looked at my basses from smae distance and angle just to confirm my theory; who knows maybe the soundpost may have moved on it's way here!?

3. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    Robert Hurst has a new solo album coming out next tuesday:D