Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Robert Hurst

Discussion in 'Bassists [DB]' started by Bijoux, Mar 23, 2002.

1. Bijoux

Bijoux

Aug 13, 2001
    Denver-CO-USA
    I just saw a Geri Allen concert and Bob Hurst was playing and Billy Hart, I've never seen Bob playing like that, most of the time I've seen him only playing a supportive role but this guy was smoking the other night, great tone real real high string action, I usually don't like bowing in Jazz and I'll have to review that after hearing this cat, he's an amazing musician and for those interested he was playing a small 3/4 his bridge was on the thick side and surprisingly enough his soundpost was way far from the bridge, at the very least 1 inch, I was 3 feet from the guy and the position of the soundpost looked very unsual to me, anyway what a great concert.

2. Bijoux

Bijoux

Aug 13, 2001
    Denver-CO-USA
    I couldn't see it I could guess because it looked very far, as I got home I looked at my basses from smae distance and angle just to confirm my theory; who knows maybe the soundpost may have moved on it's way here!?

3. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    Robert Hurst has a new solo album coming out next tuesday:D