Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Robert Palmer RIP

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Davehenning, Sep 26, 2003.

1. Davehenning

Davehenning

Aug 9, 2001
    Los Angeles
    He apparently hard a heart attack in Paris today.

RIP

2. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    I just heard this! Young guy at 54, RIP Robert

3. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    OMG

He's the whole reason I smoked Dunlops in college and hung out in Georgetown !

Well, at least we have his videos...

4. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too
    that's a shame!
    his older stuff is pretty cool (before the clone vids).
    how old was he?

5. Yeah, man, this stinks!

I always liked this guy; he just dripped with coolness. I recently bought one of his greatest hits CDs. Every Kind of People is one of my favorite songs, and Motown bass player Bob Babbitt plays on that track. No wonder it sounds so good.

R.I.P. Robert.

Mike :(

I had started a thread on this, but deleted it; no sense in having two of them.

6. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Damn shame.

Loved his work with Power Station and with Little Feat. Just heard his "Drive" album the other week........super bluesy. It included a version of ZZ Top's "TV Dinners."

7. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000
  8. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    We used to play Addicted To Love with my school band - RIP! :(

9. kcdbass

kcdbass

Feb 27, 2002
    New Jersey
    Former Sales/Web, Sadowsky Guitars
    damn ... i haven't listened to any RP for like, 10 years ... and just last week, i pulled "riptide" out of my cd rack and brought it into the car to listen to ...

now this ... bummer ... he definitely had some crazy basslines in that band ...

10. Just looking for clues was one if not my fav 80's song. Terrible loss!!!! I only wish he'd put more music out after his huge sucess in the 80's.

11. banditcosmo

banditcosmo Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2002
    Charlottesville, Va.
    I just love Sneakin' Sally Through the Alley album. Sailing Shoes/ Hey Julia/ Sneakin' Sally are great songs. I used to have a lot of his stuff on tapes. I may have get a few of his cd's.

On AMG's web site he's listed as playing bass on most of his albums though I'm not sure how much actual he played.