1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Robert Shuh just called me

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by -=DanAtkinson=-, Mar 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Holy cow. I just got a phone call from Robert Shuh about my posts on the thread regarding the "suspicious" eBay auctions. He got my cell number off my website.

Interesting call. At first he was FURIOUS. Very angry. Like, screaming mad...saying he wanted to crack my skull open. Then he calmed down a bit and apologized. A bunch. He said he just got very upset that people were accusing him of being a scam artist.

He swears he wasn't trying to rip anybody off. He pointed to his excellent eBay feedback, and generally good history selling drums.

I told him not to get so worked up over what people on the Internet say.

So at this point, I don't know. He was a very nice guy the 2nd half of the phone call. And he did change that first auction. But I still don't know what to think about that Highway One...

2. grace & groove

grace & groove

Nov 30, 2005
    philly
    Self-Appointed Ambassador to the Dragonfly
    The evidence lined up and he was no help against it. He avoided that whole part of the conversation in that thread.

And the libel suit thing was just ridiculous.

3. sublime0bass

sublime0bass

Aug 2, 2007
    Boone, NC
    I'm part of a college website, and we have a avatar for this kind of situation (I call dibs for when I go premium):

[​IMG]

4. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    This is getting out of control. Know he is calling people and threatening them?? :eek:

5. ...............ahahahahahah

6. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    This guy needs to be banned from TB, and we need a watchdog team keeping an eye on his auctions.

7. +1

...but seriously that's pretty over the line...

8. bass_fish

bass_fish

Oct 26, 2006
    the Netherlands
    well most of the people weren't very nice to him... it might be the internet, but if people would talk about me like that, I wouldn't be to happy...

9. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    I totally understand, but this situation seems to have gotten way out of hand if he is now calling people and screaming at them.

10. Shovelbone

Shovelbone Supporting Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Yonderville Georgia
    So he calls you up on your cell phone, makes physical threats, i.e. cracking your skull open, then changes his whole attitiude into a nice guy"
    Mmmmm...... sounds like Borderline Personality Disorder. I think the guy is a loose cannon and should be avoided!

11. bass_fish

bass_fish

Oct 26, 2006
    the Netherlands
    it got out of hand the second people started to get personal, he wasn't an ebayer of a TBer, he was rob...

now don't get me wrong, you can't call people and make threats like that, but to some extend I do agree with him...

12. rofl IM GONNA CRACK YOUR SKULL OPEN OVER THE INTERNETS!

in all seriousness, he will probably just read this thread and either flip his lid or never make such a phone call again.

13. Nope, no signs of mental instability here. :rollno:

14. On the other hand, he's not "calling people", he called someone who bid up his eBay auction and then boasted here that he will refuse to pay it, despite eBay's contractual obligation.

If you're going to go the "vigilante justice" route, don't act surprised when your target complains about it.

15. speedkills

speedkills

Jan 10, 2008
    California
    People weren't nice to him??

SO WHAT.

Since when is it okay to threaten to crack someone's skull because they weren't NICE to you??

I'd have either called the police, or invited over to let him try.

He's a punk.

16. +1000

Why's this thread in THIS forum!?

17. bass_fish

bass_fish

Oct 26, 2006
    the Netherlands
    apparently you don't read whole topics do you... read the rest, and try again...
    I'm not saying it's okay...

18. SweBass

SweBass

Jul 28, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Anger management classes seem to be in order.

19. cdef

cdef

Jul 18, 2003
    It's sad that such an obviously talented musician should have to resort to eBay forgery to make a buck (yes, I consider it proved on TB). Guy can't get a gig? It's largely a personality question. Avoid the 'roids.

20. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    he's a loser.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.