1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

robert sledge big muff?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by unkaholic, Aug 8, 2007.

1. unkaholic

unkaholic

Apr 2, 2007
    any ideas what version of the big muff robert sledge used in the ben folds five era? i did a search, but could find any reference to which big muff he used. from the picture in 'whatever and ever amen' it looks to be a russian muff because seems to be either balck or green, but it's hard to tell. anyone know? thanks.

2. Col200

Col200

Feb 18, 2007
    Actually, it never sounded like a big muff to me. I have this live DVD of them playing that album in some TV studio and it looks like he's using some orange colored pedal. I could be wrong though. I do like the sound of it.

3. IIRC I think he also used guitar amps...

4. assboglin

assboglin Banned

Jul 13, 2007
    I read an interview once and if I remember correctly he was using a Russian muff.

5. sonicvi

sonicvi

Jun 10, 2005
    Houston, TX
    When I saw them a couple of times in '97 he was using a green Sovtek Big Muff and a Prescription Outbox. I can't remember exactly what amps he was using, but he had two heads, I want to say an older SVT and some Trace Elliott, and a couple of Marshall 4x12's, or maybe one Marhall and one Orange 4x12.
    He was playing the Epiphone Les Paul bass.

6. unkaholic

unkaholic

Apr 2, 2007
    thanks for the reply guys. anyone try one of those Prescription Outbox's? they sound interesting.