Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Robert Trijullo

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by liran, Jul 12, 2002.

1. liran

liran

Dec 18, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    I was just curious if their were any other fans of Robert's work. Robert Trijullo is one of the most amazing bassists out there in modern rock, and I feel that he is incredibly underrated for his incredible talent and intricate and unique lines. He has played with Suicidal Tendencies, Infectious Grooves, and is current touring with Ozzy.

2. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
  3. Acepiloto

Acepiloto

Aug 25, 2000
    Hell yea, I love his work on Sarsippius Ark ("You Pick Me Up" "Slo-Motion Slam" "Savor Da Flavor")

4. ERIC31

ERIC31

Jul 1, 2002
    Maricopa, AZ
    Hell yeah! He is great.

Bass Player magazine did a cover story on him years ago.

Very versatile bassist.:D

5. fivestringdan

fivestringdan Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Little Rock, AR
    Great player. I say him with Ozzy once. Killer show. That guy can play anything!!

6. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    trujillo rocks...and he can get an inhuman groove going on too...._awesome_ bassist....way underrated

7. he plays on Jerry Cantrell's new record, too!

8. Infecious Grooves was one of the first bands I enjoyed in a long time.

9. Yeah he's pretty incredibly good. Really like his stuff with Infectious......

10. mangle

mangle

Dec 17, 2001
    Guayaquil, ECUADOR
    amazing bass player, I heard him in ozzy records, but I heard suicidal tendencies "the art of rebbelion"....It was amazing, great bassist!

11. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i still can't figure out why he traded his killer tobias tone off for the fernandes thing...freaks me out he sounded so killer with his tobiases

12. bassduder

bassduder

Jul 30, 2001
    Canada, GF-W
    I think Trujillo is amazing, being very creative with his bass lines and being an overall versatile bassist. I love his work the most with Infectious, very funky, but at the same time punky, heh:D

But I think it is safe to say that Rob is like Norwood Fisher, in that how the hell do they play so good, down that low...:D :D

There's an attachment of a pic of RT playing live...

Later :)

13. bassduder

bassduder

Jul 30, 2001
    Canada, GF-W
    Here's another of him live with Infectious Grooves...

14. bassduder

bassduder

Jul 30, 2001
    Canada, GF-W
    And yet another with his current band...OZZY

Enjoy!:)

15. I agree bassduder, his bass seems to be way to low to play the stuff he plays, amazing!:eek:

16. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Don't worry neptoon his pre Gibson Tobias's are stiil his main axe's of choice.

17. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    "phew" *wipes brow*

that's always great to know ;)

18. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i really loved the tone he got out of his blue tobias fiver...the one with the tape stripes on his knobs. sweet sound, indeed

19. bassduder

bassduder

Jul 30, 2001
    Canada, GF-W
    Do you, neptoon, or JAUQO III-X know what model Tobias bass Trujillo played? I'm thinking of getting a fiver and there's a real good deal on a site I seen, and I would just like to know what model he plays?

Also, kinda off topic, but does anyone have any pics of Josh Paul playing live?

Later

By the way, doesn't Vai play Fernandes now to?

20. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    His main Tobias is a custom one with EMG pickups(their so old that he's dug holes in them from playing off of them for so long) and electronics,and its a pretty old Bass.