Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Robert's New Skjold Custom Series

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Juneau, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Pics first, videos to follow...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BassJunkie730

BassJunkie730

Feb 3, 2005
    Brooklyn
    Nice one! :eek: I really dig the orange theme!

That's also a really interesting take ont he single cut design with a bolt on neck. It looks like there is some separation between the base of neck and the shoulder of the single cut on the back above joint?

One of those in all black Would rock my world :bassist:

I also like the small body shapes. Could the bridge GET any closer to the butt? :D

Enjoy!

3. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    There actually isnt a gap, it sits flush with the neck. There is a shadow because of the lip on it kinda.

And in answer to could the bridge get any closer, the answer is none, none closer :)

4. trumpeter

trumpeter

Jan 23, 2006
    Amherst, MA
    That is a very attractive single cut. Then I saw the inlays, they are massive and ugly, IMO.

5. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    The inlays are flammed maple, and burst finished to match the top, but to each their own. I dig em :)

6. trumpeter

trumpeter

Jan 23, 2006
    Amherst, MA

I bet they look a lot better in person, but in the picture, I'm not a fan. For me...I really like basses with one inlay on the 12th fret, or like offset dots, not a fan of big fancy stuff. I would love to see this bass in person, or like a closeup of the inlays.

7. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Maybe when Pete shoots his pics, he'll do some closeups. They do look better in person, and Im with you usually. I prefer a clean board, or just a 12th fret inlay, but I thought the face dots on this one kinda tied it all together personally. Again though, each to their own, I dont mind if you dont like em, and Im sure Robert doesnt either hehe. I didnt build it, and it aint my bass, I just took the pics hehe.

8. trumpeter

trumpeter

Jan 23, 2006
    Amherst, MA
    Nice pics...thanks.

edit: if it means anything the licesne plate on the bus is CLEARLY visable in one pic...

9. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    I seem to be good at including license plates in the pics. I dont think is much fear, that bus hasnt moved in over a year from what Ive seen.

10. trumpeter

trumpeter

Jan 23, 2006
    Amherst, MA
    Alright...I was just brining it to your attention :)

11. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    Nice bass, nice videos and nice hair, the last vid has the best groove of all:D .

12. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    That one was my favorite too :D

13. trumpeter

trumpeter

Jan 23, 2006
    Amherst, MA
    What are the specs of that beast?

14. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Mahogany Body
    Flammed Maple top
    Ebony Fingerboard
    Maple/Bloodwood neck (I think)
    Skjold SC1 pickups
    Skjold/East Pre-amp

Anything beyond that, just ask hehe.

15. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Hey Juneau, tell Pete the next time you record one of the basses with your camera to turn down the volume on his amp. It'll get a much better sound and it won't distort your microphone.

16. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Will try...but you know how it is telling a bass player to turn down lol.

17. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    :D

18. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    LMAO!!! :p

Oh, and I was just getting ready to make a comment about Pete "Wavy Hair" Skjold, and there he is with the preemptive strike!

Nice! I salute you! :D

Tom.

19. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    You dont know how difficult it was to get that take without laughing during it. We got it on first try....but soon as I hit the stop button, we all cracked up.