1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Robin Mullarkey of Brotherly

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by MixBass, Sep 27, 2010.

1. MixBass

MixBass

Feb 23, 2006
    L.A. Harbor
    Co-founder. GrabAxe
    I've been listening to the newer Brotherly cd "Find first light" for a few weeks now. I thoroughly dug the last cd "One sweet life".
    I don't see much mention of them here in the states so here's a little shout out.
    If you dig progressive soul/broken beat/dance/pop stuff that's on the jazzier side harmonically and tucks some african guitar parts in as well, grab theses discs.
    Robin does most of the music and is plain and simple a BadAs$
    on bass. This is some sneaky stuff. I believe Brotherly is his project at home between tours. Robin does have some pedigree having played and playing with Zero 7, Bugz in the attic to name a few.
    I hope some of you UK guys will chime in and add a few bits.
    If you have a taste for this kind of stuff, grab these discs, there aren't many who mix progressive harmony, rhythm, production and sneak it in an almost pop context.
    Here's a link for some teasers which represent a few of the flavors, Brokenbeatnicks try Requiem!

http://soulukblog.com/2010/04/14/brotherly-return-with-find-first-light/

2. MixBass

MixBass

Feb 23, 2006
    L.A. Harbor
    Co-founder. GrabAxe
    Bump up for anyone into prog/fusion/dance/pop/whatever!

3. MixBass

MixBass

Feb 23, 2006
    L.A. Harbor
    Co-founder. GrabAxe
    Up again for 2014. This guy is a beast and sooo musical!