Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Robin Williams "Live On Broadway"

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by cassanova, Jun 20, 2003.

1. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    Just curious to know if anyone else here caught that on HBO? I cant recall the last time Ive ever laughed that hard. It had me in tears at points. Especially the last skit

Those of you that have HBO should keep an eye out for this, I promise you wont regret wacthing it.

2. bought it with my girlfriend couple weeks ago.

one of the funniest stand ups i've ever seen.

im looking for the old eddie murphy stand ups right now, immpossible to find in stores, so i gotta resort to ebay.

3. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I've had the audio for about 4 months now (I think it was recorded from the HBO special, as it's pretty clean sounding to be bootleg).

Thus reaffirming my belief that Robin Williams could make Aleister Crowley laugh.

4. incognito89x

incognito89x ♪♫♪ ♪ ♪ ♫&#983

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    I must have watched that 10 times at least already, It's just as funny every time! He and George Carlin are the funniest stand-up comedians I've ever heard.

5. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    Ive got a copy of "Raw" I watched that a few weeks back. My god did I forget how funny his stand up was.

6. I was flipping around and heard the F word on a scrambly channel(I dun have HBO) and I make out Robin William's Face..so,yeah...I guess that was it. Umm...my friend says it's hilarious.

:oops:

7. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    HBO used to run these 1-hour comedy specials on a fairly routine basis-I caught some of this latest Robin Williams' thing the other night...yes, it was hilarious.

Others from HBO's past that were equally funny(IMO)-
    Richard Pryor's FIRST special on HBO; the following two were also very good...the 1st one, though, just stands out.
    Robin Williams' FIRST HBO special(at this time, he was probably known more for being "Mork").
    Dennis Millers' Black & White.
    The "Young Comics" yearly special & the "Catch A Rising Star" specials were also good.
    Carlin's specials, of course.

...and I do like the 2-3 Dice Clay HBO specials(New Year's Eve in Philly?).
    Hickory, Dickory, Dock.

So shoot me.

8. TeenBassPlayer

TeenBassPlayer

Jun 19, 2003
    Hehehe. That is the funniest stand up I have ever heard. I was laughing the whole time.

9. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    The Richard Pryor ones are great. I cant think of which is which. Ive seen 2 of them though.

I dug Robins 1st special alot too.

Was the Dennis Miller one a recent one? In Chicago?

I love the Dice ones too. So Im standin in line at the bank.

10. My friend rented it on DVD, I haven't laughed that hard in a while. Williams is now on the top 3 list of comedians for me. His Keith Richards impression is too good. :D

"*SNORT* Ahhh... anthrax."

11. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Dennis Miller in Chicago was recent...definitely pre-Iraq war, though.
    "It's time for the USA to go on an ol' fashioned 'Yeeee-hawd'".

Saw a Dice Clay 'Live In Concert' DVD @Best Buy today; I thought about it.
    "What's in the bowl, bitch"?

12. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    That was a good one. I really liked the Panda skit too.