1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Robot Factory - anyone heard from Mario?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by meursault42, Jan 16, 2012.

1. meursault42

meursault42

Jun 21, 2006
    I picked up a Meatwad from another TBer a little while ago that is in need of repair (something wrong with the Resonance knob). I've tried to contact Mario from Robot Factory about it via email, but I can't seem to get a response. Anyone on here know the guy or how best to get in touch with him? Is he normally pretty responsive on email? Thx.

2. dharmashawn

dharmashawn Owner, Handlebar Moustache Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Connecticut
    Bump, let's get this thing fixed!!

3. Dang, how long has it been in need of repair? I wonder if that is why it got passed down the line.

I have no dealings with Mario personally, sorry.

4. dharmashawn

Oct 20, 2010
    Connecticut
    Yupperz. It seems to be more than just a little "touch sensitive" I wonder if any other competent builder would take a look at it? It would be a shame to let this thing go to paperweight status.

5. I could check on another forum that i am on that has many builders, good ones...

6. meursault42

meursault42

Jun 21, 2006
    Perhaps it's the cynic in me, but I would imagine that it, indeed, had something (if not everything) to do with it being passed down the line... I'm now the distinguished owner of a hot potato.

7. RichSnyder

RichSnyder Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Columbia, Md
    I heard he ran away with Princess Peach.

8. meursault42

meursault42

Jun 21, 2006
    Alas, maybe I'd have more luck with THAT Mario.

9. AltGrendel

AltGrendel Squire Jag SS fan. Supporting Member

May 21, 2009
    Mid-Atlantic USA.
    That or Bowser finally got him.

10. I am sure it wasn't intentional. I know on my end, I had just had an Agent ooFunk mark2. I would find great sounds, they would be gone the next time I engaged the pedal. I found some awesome filter sounds intially with the MeatWad, Then I kept exploring, lost them, couldn't get them back and decided I had had enough of finnicky filters that I couldn't easily dial in. So I got a Source Audio BEF Pro.
    In other words, the filter worked, just not how I wanted it to. IDK how much time you have spent actually messing with the filter but supposedly it takes AWHILE to really understand how it all works together and get the exact sound you want every time.
    Like I said, i don't think anyone was being malicious and trying to pass on a lemon. I got the pedal from someone else on here too.

11. tlaubs

tlaubs Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2010
    St. Louis
    I actually had it before Delta and had no idea anything was wrong. I too got some sounds I really liked, but ended up going with a xero instead because it seemed a bit more simple. I thought it was just a very complex filter and i am more of a set and forget person.

12. dharmashawn

Oct 20, 2010
    Connecticut
    How was everyone powering this thing?

13. meursault42

meursault42

Jun 21, 2006
    I'll allow that it's a complex unit. But I have a pretty good understanding of how it works now, and I can assure you that the resonance knob isn't functioning as it should. I mean, yes, you can twiddle it back and forth and eventually get it to stabilize, at which point you can proceed with tweaking as normal. But you'd never want to THINK about touching that thing at a gig, because it'd make all kinds of otherwordly noises. It's kind of like a dirty pot (and perhaps that's all it is), but the sound created goes far beyond the normal 'scratchiness' that we all normally associate with dirty pots.

14. meursault42

meursault42

Jun 21, 2006
    PP2+ or Boss 9v adapter.

15. One spot.

Okay it didn't make that noise when I had it.

16. dharmashawn

Oct 20, 2010
    Connecticut
    I also used the pp+ and thought maybe it was picking up interference. I read that even with isolated power sources it was possible. It was definitely making some feedback issues in the 48hours that it spent with me. I am very much wanting to help out in anyway I can. I am pretty sure Mario would be more than willing to look at the pedal or at the very least find someone to take a look at it. I do not know him or even have experience, but all the info around makes me believe he would be willing to fix it.

17. meursault42

meursault42

Jun 21, 2006
    I've emailed him 3 times so far. No response.

18. dharmashawn

Oct 20, 2010
    Connecticut
    I just sent over another email. this time to his ebay account, which his last feedback was in November.

19. meursault42

meursault42

Jun 21, 2006
    I do appreciate the help brother. Good karma for dharma ;-)

20. tlaubs

tlaubs Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2010
    St. Louis
    I was using a one spot as well, and never had any of the feedback issues you mention.